Blood Moon is coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood Moon is coming

Folks, Blood Moon is coming. Is it an important event for you, why? In your experience, does it effect your magickal workings? Are going to do anything during this event?
    Personally, I think I'm going to slaughter an animal to offer its blood in a communion ritual.

Total lunar eclipse on September 27–28, 2015: Where and when is the Blood Moon visible and what will it look like? Visibility map, animation, and local times.

bloodmoon.jpg

Re: Blood Moon is coming

Not particularly any more.relevant than any full moon...And the real advantage of a full moon is that the high tide is higher and has a higher salt content for salt making here in the bay (because it pushes the outflowing freshwater further upstream). Mostly it changes the dynamics of the direction more in the direction of the ocean vs inland.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Working, unfortunately. But no blood letting, not my bend.

Comment

We wont see it here in Adelaide.

Which actually doesn't make much of a difference anyway, because I don't attach any particular significance to lunar eclipses. Lunar events is one of those things where I think science has taken the significance out of the folklore. I have a hard time attaching the same sort of significance that our ancestors did to things that are simply a congruence of angles, weather, moisture content of the air, light factors and the angles between the earth, the moon and the sun.

Which is not to say that I don't find natural events such as these to have their own sacredness and wonder. Just that I don't have enough of an interest in astronomy or astrology to make this an occurrence that has particular significance for my path.

Comment

It doesn't mean much to me beyond regular full moons. I do believe that "blood on the moon" can be an omen of troubles ahead, but sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. I think I'll use the occasion to get some things off my chest and have a nice long grounding and centering session, maybe do some yoga. Clear out the junk, ya know?
          Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
          -Erik Erikson

Comment

In Arratu the Lunar eclipse is a remembrance of the first union between An and Ki. It was their joining that created the physical universe.
            This is a time to remember the beginnings of all.
            The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
            I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I am hoping it is clear enough to see. As far as magic workings it's a full and dark moon in one night. Great for curses but, I will just be charging some water with both aspects.

Comment

śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
                śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

We went to a druidic ceremony tonight. The sky was cloudy --I kid you not-- until he opened the gates. Someone gasped and we all turned as the clouds parted. And it was a deep blood red. It was amazing. I saw it for the last time as the guy was doing the ogham and it hid behind a cloud once more (my back was to it) but my friend said it was in and out of the clouds all through the ritual.

It was pretty neat. The sliver of light appeared at the bottom and moved slowly up. By the time we got home is was a bright white full moon. Unfortunately I don't like electronics inside the circle, so I didn't take a pic of it red, but here it is over our house by the time we got home:

20150927_213520.jpg

Have a good night everyone!
                  She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

Originally posted by October View Post
                    We went to a druidic ceremony tonight. The sky was cloudy --I kid you not-- until he opened the gates. Someone gasped and we all turned as the clouds parted. And it was a deep blood red. It was amazing. I saw it for the last time as the guy was doing the ogham and it hid behind a cloud once more (my back was to it) but my friend said it was in and out of the clouds all through the ritual.
                    Woah... that's incredible! Gosh I wish I could see that!

I went to a sacred tree to perform an offering last night. Sacrificed a piglet, offered its blood and roasted the meat with incense before nailing it to the tree. We didn't see the eclipse in Indonesia but the night felt weird somehow. Might be just my imagination but everything was more active paranormally. Land wights, tree, river and stone wights were very active last night. I also pour bottles of beer in toasts for the gods and goddesses, as well as burnt cigarettes everywhere. Strange thing was, when I went home, my altar was in a mess, statues and weapons fell in disarray. Then my sleep was disturbed with gory nightmares about dead people among other things. As a result, today I function like a zombie because sleep depravation. ZZzzzzzz.....

Comment

Since we had to do an overnight at work, we came outside to watch the moon (and do a Starbucks run in our shopping center!) It was pretty awesome.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

And done....and we are still alive and no comet or plague or anything special...except for perhaps those little green men wondering around everywhere.
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                        X