Researchers Link Human Brains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Researchers Link Human Brains

Researchers Link Humans Brains Allowing One to Guess What The Other Is Thinking

Can we all just step back and geek out for a moment?

The applications for this are enormous. Getting closer to controlling computers with our brains, speaking with other people inside a virtual internet, controlling movement. Could have major applications for disabled people too. I'm of the thought that this kind of science ~is~ the future.

Re: Researchers Link Human Brains

There are only a few people that would ever want to link with my brain - and I doubt they would ever want to a second time.
    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Going to be perfectly honest, as much as I might want to be excited about these advances, I cannot rightly imagine the scale of the huge issues and possible abuses that would be able to arise out of that technology. That being said, I don't really see any appeal in allowing people into my head. I keep my things there...

That being said, it is not to say it does not have an application in the future, but I suppose it is a very cautious optimism. (;^v^)

Comment

Frankly, the last thing I want is an outlet in brain or someone essentially being able to hack in. I honestly can't be optimistic about this particular experiment.

Comment

Really,think "Matrix" everyone hooked in to a virtual world,body in a bottle kinda...I think I think way to much...goes back in bottle to dream the cyber dream...
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Everybody would like to imagine that their brain is so unique and so bizarre that it would be frightening/disturbing/indecipherable to the entire rest of humanity.

Yup... Everybody is that unique...

Personally, I don't want to connect to other brains directly for the same reason that I don't have a cell phone - if I want to talk to ya, I'll call, in my own time.

As far as the matrix thingy goes, consider this:

What is the difference between believing you are happy, and being happy?
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              What is the difference between believing you are happy, and being happy?
              Pretty much this.

Personally, I think with a few caveats, its cool.

1) there needs to be a way to partition what one wants to keep to themselves and what one wants to communicate or share--I neither want to share everything, nor do I want to see everything in another person's brain...somethings should just be private
              2) there needs to be a way to turn it off that can't be tampered with
              3) consent and choosing who to link to should be strictly controlled.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Humans...

Just when I start contemplating whether to accelerate advancement of another potentially pizza producing species, you start developing technology to ease access to your minds. This is a wonderful reminder of why I enjoy your species.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                X