This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nightmare solutions

Hi all, I was hoping someone has any advice for me. For the past 3 months I have been having terrible nightmares and night terrors. I wake up in a sweat, or crying and once I was screaming and actually punched my partner in the face giving him a bloody nose and black eye. Does anyone know anything about helping these to go away? They are starting to affect me in tiredness throughout the day and making me grumpy and short tempered with the children.

Re: Nightmare solutions

I'm sorry to hear that. I don't know any magical solutions, but I do know that what we dream is often affected by our waking life. Have you been experiencing a new kind of stress in the past 3 months? Or has something changed that is making you uncomfortable or unhappy? If there is something like that, your solution to the nightmares might be to solve those issues.
    If there is absolutely nothing you can think of that might cause it, you could try some meditation before sleeping, to relax the mind.
    Someone else might have better ideas.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

The only thing that has changed in my life arm is I have given up work to look after my mum full time whilst she has her operations and whilst I finish my home study course. I have tried meditation and it helps me relax and get to sleep again when I have woken up during the night.

Comment

That does sound pretty stressful, to be honest.

Lavender might help to soothe you also before you go to bed. You might also look into gods and goddesses associated with sleep and ask for their help. I suggest that because my own patron goddess is one, and praying to her usually helps me.

There are also a number of spells and charms you could use (give me a second to wake up and I'll look some out for you)

Also, is there a chance you've been doing some unprotected magick? I don't mean to sound condescending, I'm genuinely asking. I dabbled when I was young and my sister has started recently and that attracted all kinds of nonsense that had to be cleared out before we got things back to normal.
        She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

I used to have nightmares often. I found taking the time to read, or listen to music before I went to sleep helped a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkzmimi View Post
            Hi all, I was hoping someone has any advice for me. For the past 3 months I have been having terrible nightmares and night terrors. I wake up in a sweat, or crying and once I was screaming and actually punched my partner in the face giving him a bloody nose and black eye. Does anyone know anything about helping these to go away? They are starting to affect me in tiredness throughout the day and making me grumpy and short tempered with the children.
            I'm sorry to hear that. Try wearing socks and keeping yourself warm during your sleep. Maybe you should change your supper menu. Don't eat much, especially heavy foods like meat. Try herbal tea, like it was recommended earlier. Maybe it has something to do with your lifestyle, or a part of it.
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Sounds horrible. I've had some sleeping problems as well but never anything so bad.
              Is is probably quite obvious but try not to spend time on the computer/phone/tv before going to sleep. Spend time outside and try completing any tasks that require problem solving (or other excessive thinking) earlier in the day. Do something simple that you enjoy (forcing yourself to relax almost never works).
              If you find meditation helpful, you'd perhaps like yin yoga too (search youtube or doyogawithme.com, they have hour-long yin yoga videos for free), it can help you to calm your body down along with the mind.
              baah.

Comment

Sort of curious on my part but have you tried to analyze the dreams? Even in nightmares I've found there are many common symbols and repetitions of events.

For example I see a lot of times where a person is trapped and the anxiety and fear rise because they can not escape some structure. Everything and everyone in the structure a threat to them or seeking to harm in some sort of way. Yet the structure may be work, home, relationship, etc and the creature's within it projected aspects of how you view people. So say the dominating boss, spouse, parent becomes the creature that causes you to feel small and weak and makes you retreat from it. Yet it reflects an inner feeling of having no importance, no control perhaps even no purpose.

So while the place your trapped may change in the dream's the underlying scenario remains the same. Trapped and unable to escape.

You've not mentioned any of your dreams so the examples I used are simply that examples and not meant to suggest or imply that is what you are dreaming.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I used to have vividly violent nightmares. At times I would wake with wounds that were "impossible" to self inflict. I have had second degree burns, scratches and even a compression fracture in my back. All but the compression fracture disappeared within half a day and they were never more than "mystery".

I learned how to realize that I was dreaming and that I could use magik in my dreams for defense and offense. During my dreams I fell a lot. That was how I got the compression fracture in my back. I solved this by creating a slide that I used to ease my landings and then roller skates to make it more fun and then I found I could fly in my dreams. The nightmares of falling soon ended after that. For the "battle" injuries I found that using magik in my vivid dreams allowed me to win without injuries. If escape is the only way then you can construct a place of absolute safety in your subconscious through meditation. Whenever you feel threatened then you transport to your safe place. That will give you time to recognize that in your dream you can control everything.

When my children would have a nightmare I would gently lay my hand on their head and give them healing energy while whispering, "you win". They never woke up but always got calm and relaxed.
                  The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                  I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Working...
                  X