Thread: Just live it.

Sep 2012
    Religion
    Druid

Just live it.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/agora/2...ots-the-thing/

A great write up on how, and why being a Heathen is being part of a living spirituality.
    “A lifetime may not be long enough to attune ourselves fully to the harmony of the universe. But just to become aware that we can resonate with it -- that alone can be like waking up from a dream.” - Br. David Steindl Rast

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Northern Tradition

Re: Just live it.

I finally got around to reading the article, and made sure to bookmark it so that I could go back and read it again. It struck a chord with me, to be honest, and in a way is really why I'd stopped identifying myself as a Heathen so much as Northern Trad. In it's own way, it touches on the fact that it's all about the feeling instead of the words, and the experiences rather than the stories.

Sep 2012
    Religion
    Druid

Re: Just live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
    I finally got around to reading the article, and made sure to bookmark it so that I could go back and read it again. It struck a chord with me, to be honest, and in a way is really why I'd stopped identifying myself as a Heathen so much as Northern Trad. In it's own way, it touches on the fact that it's all about the feeling instead of the words, and the experiences rather than the stories.
    I totally agree. I had an interesting conversation with somebody about how we can be completely in touch with ancestral spiritually without having the same religious beliefs. That's important to remember at any stage of a path especially early on.
    “A lifetime may not be long enough to attune ourselves fully to the harmony of the universe. But just to become aware that we can resonate with it -- that alone can be like waking up from a dream.” - Br. David Steindl Rast