A Serious Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Serious Question.

I've a serious question to ask you. Do you find me annoying at times?

Re: A Serious Question.

Only speaking for myself here. I wouldn't use the term "annoying" but some of your posts do come off as a over the top, or not particularly well thought out/researched with some seemingly narrow opinions. Though, you seem open to learn from other's input.

However, I also do believe you're being genuine with us and I like that you're making an effort to get to know the people here.

Everyone has the ability to be annoying at times and as far as I'm concerned, you're far from being the worst offender when it comes to me thinking someone's annoying. Now, to be clear, this isn't a free pass to go and be annoying on purpose. That's just going to get you on my bad side, which is not a fun place to be. :P
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Speaking for myself no. I agree with some of what Juniper has to say though. I agree that sometimes some the content of what you share is less then desirable, but we all have our moments.

Remember when on the internet, especially forums that the things you put out there tend to hang around for a long time, so before you hit "post" really think about it.

Also ask yourself if topics are really worth starting a new thread. Topics like this, and some of your other threads would have been better suited in current threads. Like the "what are you thinking about" and the rant thread.

Comment

In the interest of being a staff member, I feel like I should sugar-coat my answer for you.

In the interest of being an honest human being, and answering your question: Yes. I do find you annoying. You sound immature, you have poor grammar skills, and your posts are, frankly - not very interesting.

But, you do seem to make an effort, and as a staff member, I'm not going to treat you any differently than any other regular member of the forum (unless you violate a forum rule).

But hey, there's people on the forum that don't like me, either.

Mostly art.

Comment

At first I thought you were a troll. I have since seen no sign of the character attacks and half truths that trolls tend to exhibit so I am fairly certain that you are just a very young mind and spirit.
          I am watching to see you really reveal yourself. I can accept whoever you are but I am allergic to trolls and after a time I have violent reactions to them.
          You have my interest at this point and so far a bit of respect with a lot of questions unanswered.

Well, I love you enough to be truthful to you.
          The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
          I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Yes I do.

Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Not spectacularly. I think you hold on to certain jokes past their expiration date* and that you're guilty of one or two other social errors but I can find 3-30 members (several of whom are quite active) who irritate me more in any given week so your errors aren't all that major.

* "The most powerful member in PaganForum" gag was good for a day, maybe two. It has since expired. It may be amusing again at some future point but let it die for now.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

No, I don't find you annoying; some of your topics have sparked conversation and you can be mildly entertaining.
                I kind of can't help wondering if you might be a sleeper troll though...

Comment

A lot of people annoy me sometimes, but it's rare that anyone can annoy me all of the time with their posts. I second what others have said. Take some time to think before starting new threads. Consider adding to existing, relevant topics first. Try not to voice controversial opinions in such a way as to insult those who think differently. Otherwise, you're doing fine as you are.

No one can be liked by everyone and the more 'unique' your character, the more you will divide opinion. I guarantee there will be members here who tire of my childish obsessive tendencies for example, but there are others still, with similar temperaments, who find it charming. The same will be true for you, and the trick is to not concern yourself too much about what others think based on a few words on a screen. So with that said, welcome to the club, fellow marmite person!
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Another serious question. Do you find me as a jerk sometimes?

Comment

No, but I'd watch your grammar.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                      I've a serious question to ask you. Do you find me annoying at times?
                      No, I don't.
                      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                        Another serious question. Do you find me as a jerk sometimes?
                        With all honesty, we are not here to validate your existence. If you think you're enough of a jerk to ask us our opinion on your behaviour, perhaps you should take active steps to improve yourself?

If you are asking, you already know the answer in your heart.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post

Also ask yourself if topics are really worth starting a new thread. Topics like this, and some of your other threads would have been better suited in current threads. Like the "what are you thinking about" and the rant thread.
                          I second this. I like things neat and starting a new thread for existing topics annoys me. For example, I would find it annoying for you to start a new thread relating to every card in a tarot deck. Why not put it in tarot Q&A? Or start a topic: tarot card symbolism. Consider contributing to existing threads every now and then.

Comment

Working...
                          X