Just because my mind is wandering...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just because my mind is wandering...

How many times can you take 10 away from 100?
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Re: Just because my mind is wandering...

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
    How many times can you take 10 away from 100?
    Only once, because after that, you no longer have 100.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
      Only once, because after that, you no longer have 100.
      Yep but it is funny how many will say 10.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I was just going to say 'Not often enough.'
        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

A horse is tied to the end of a 5 foot rope at the hitching post 2 feet from the saloon. There is a bale of hay 10 feet from the saloon. The horse is eating the hay. How?
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
            A horse is tied to the end of a 5 foot rope at the hitching post 2 feet from the saloon. There is a bale of hay 10 feet from the saloon. The horse is eating the hay. How?
            Two saloons? prolly not, because the word "the" is used to designate a specific saloon.

Maybe somebody gave it a handfull?
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Is the hitching post three feet long and is angled towards the hay?

The general store I used to work at in Upstate New York had a hitching post out in front for the Amish customers! I thought that was the neatest thing when I first moved to town as I grew up in more urban environments

Comment

Its neck and head is 3 feet?

Comment

Why did someone tie up one of it's back legs?
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

There is a chain nailed to the wall. The chain is 10 feet long and the center of the chain dips down 5 feet from where each side of the chain is nailed to the wall. How far are the 2 ends of chain from each other?
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                      There is a chain nailed to the wall. The chain is 10 feet long and the center of the chain dips down 5 feet from where each side of the chain is nailed to the wall. How far are the 2 ends of chain from each other?
                      Obviously the ends would have to be on top of each other. 10' long but 5' down to enter from each end. It's folded in half.

Comment

The horse is tied to the end of the rope, which is at the hitching post, but nothing says that what the beginning of the rope is tied to...in this case, nothing...allowing the horse to go get to the hay.

Though there is an arguement (because I wrote the wrong last sentance) that the rope can't be at the hitching post AND with the horse at the hay bale....the last sentance *should* read something like, "The horse wanders over and eats the hay."
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X