Grape harvest in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grape harvest in!

I've harvested the Concorde and am now in the process of turning them into jam (not jelly - I'm including the solids).
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Grape harvest in!

We already canned grapes here but we don't have concord grapes. We canned champaign grapes into jam.
    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Hey B. de, I'm not sure you've ever thought about this, but ... What about drying a number of the grapes, chopping them up into small bits, then adding them to some loose tea leaves? I've got a tea here that I've been drinking rather sparingly because I've never seen it sold again (it's called Celebration, by Republic of Tea). It includes dried champagne grapes in with the leaves, and boy is it delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
        Hey B. de, I'm not sure you've ever thought about this, but ... What about drying a number of the grapes, chopping them up into small bits, then adding them to some loose tea leaves? I've got a tea here that I've been drinking rather sparingly because I've never seen it sold again (it's called Celebration, by Republic of Tea). It includes dried champagne grapes in with the leaves, and boy is it delicious!
        Hmmm... Never thought of that...

I think I'd save the Concords for jam because they're fat & juicy, but I'll keep an eye out for fox grapes (wild concord-like grapes). They'd be good for something like that because generally they're small and it's hard to harvest enough to for jam/jelly.

The wild strawberries might also be good for that, now that you've got me thinking of it...
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I love homemade grape jam! (And I think jelly as a preserve is a ridiculous idea that should only be reserved for mint and quince).

Comment

Working...
          X