Horrible Boss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horrible Boss

Have anyone ever work with a horrible boss at their job before. I did. Many years ago I work at the New York CIty Department Of Aging and I work with this horrible boss named Olivia. She was an awful boss to work with. I try my hardest to do a good job at work but she's always yells at me if I do things wrong. Well she's was right in some parts. I tried to be very respectful to her no matter how awful she is to me but she always keep yelling at me. So one day I complain to the human resources and I got her in trouble for it. I'm surprised I didn't get fired for it. I've been working at that place for a year and I got laid off after that.

Re: Horrible Boss

I've worked for some bad bosses. I say bad vice horrible because to me 'Bad" and "Horrible" are relative terms. It's like I worked for one person and though they were awful compared to the previous boss. Yet if I was honest they really were not that bad just a different type of leadership style compared to the old boss I was used to working with and for.

Being career Navy being screamed at was a fact of life in the lower ranks when I came in. Not only screamed at but comments regarding all sorts of aspects was rather common. Definitely not things you'd see in today's PC Navy.

Civilian sector different type of leadership but still a lot of the same type things. Especially in regard to judging leadership styles and how each motivated and disciplined their folks.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

About 20 years ago, I briefly worked at a small (husband & wife owned, 2 office people including me, & 3-4 assemblers) company. The owner was a maniac. He had to personally check every envelope and shipping label on everything outgoing. When office supplies came in, we had to count them, and I don't mean count the boxes of paper clips, I mean count the individual paper clips. He yelled and screamed at people all the time. He wanted to know which nights I had classes, and then he'd purposely try to keep me late those days. (By 2nd sememster I learned to just lie.) It was a low point of my life.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I've had some bad bosses and some horrible bosses.

When I worked as a waitress, the conditions were horrible. Our boss played favorites, so one of the waitresses could sit and chat with the customers and even got free pool lessons during her shifts, whereas me, with a hip condition, couldn't even put my knee up in a booth for a few minutes, or sit down in my downtime. They kept trying to get me to miss my lunch shifts (and working 12 hours, there was no way I was doing that), they attempted to alter my reported tips, and just so much. I quit after 3-4 months because I was having health issues (physical and other stuff like anxiety attacks, etc).

I worked with a bad boss at one of the pizza places. She got stressed out and would drink and throw fits in the walk in, punching the walls and crying. She was inconsistent in her policies, and blamed her workers for things she told them to do. She scheduled new people on my shifts (The busiest times) and expected me to train them and also keep up with the volume.
        ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Working...
        X