Anyone e know about wood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone e know about wood?

Sorry it took mensonlong to get back on, I had no internet access for a few days. The wood in already dried. Like I said, we cut it last year, I took off the bark and did a bit of sanding before putting it in the closet to dry. When I took it out, there was no splitting. I wasn't worried about warping (although I had no clue that could happen) as the branch had a great natural curvature to it anyway. I've sanded it some more, and have produced this wonderful color fade. Although the woodnis dry, I am still getting "fuzzies". I had someone tell me to seal it with polyurethane and then sand it again to get rid of those....
    As far as decoration goes, I'm thinking about trying to wire wrap sections and leave eyelettes to affix charms and such as needed... Maybe when I finish this project I can post some pictures... If I can figure out how. In the meantime, I need to learn me some wire wrapping.
    Thanks bunches for all of the input. I'll definitely need to bleed it a bit before I use polyurethane (still unsure about wanting to do that). Y'all have given me more than I could have expected in information.

Comment

Working...
    X