Cold weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold weapons

Norse_Angel's thread about guns made me start this one. Do you have any cold weapons? For what purpose? Hobby, for beauty, protection, maybe?
    I hope to order a khopesh one day...
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Re: Cold weapons

What's a cold weapon? Like a knife?

I don't think my tiny Swiss army knife counts as a weapon, so no. I don't own any weapons. We do have a few small tool-type knives designed for woodwork, hiking, and harvesting fruit. I guess those could be classified as weapons, but then again, so can steak knives (we have those too)

Comment

Guessing swords and knives like this.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I kind of want a sword.

Comment

Well, if we are talking non-gun weapons in general, we have a number of swords, a warhammer, a battle axe (which has a funny 8 months preggo nekkit woman story attached to it), a couple of tomohawks, some knives, and my personal fave, a Louisville slugger.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

I myself only have a lock back folding schrade very much like this one.

Have owned this knife going on 35 years...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
              What's a cold weapon? Like a knife?

I don't think my tiny Swiss army knife counts as a weapon, so no. I don't own any weapons. We do have a few small tool-type knives designed for woodwork, hiking, and harvesting fruit. I guess those could be classified as weapons, but then again, so can steak knives (we have those too)
              Yeah, cold weapons are weapons that don't shoot. So basically knives, swords, spears maybe, what have you.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              Guessing swords and knives like this.
              Yup, this.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
              Well, if we are talking non-gun weapons in general, we have a number of swords, a warhammer, a battle axe (which has a funny 8 months preggo nekkit woman story attached to it), a couple of tomohawks, some knives, and my personal fave, a Louisville slugger.
              Wow, that's an awesome collection!

Plus there is a channel in youtube devoted to swords and cold weapons of many sorts. Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/user/SkallagrimNilsson
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I have 6 antique swords (India and Indonesia), an antique North African war ax, 5 good quality modern reproduction swords (Bastard, one handed, war sword, rapier, saber - all used for learning WMA), a crow's beak pole ax, and a few miscellaneous bits of hardware...
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

A two handed sword that I need to work with, a sword cane, various machetes and several items I'm too lazy to list.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                    A two handed sword that I need to work with, a sword cane, various machetes and several items I'm too lazy to list.
                    Good gods, I'll have to be careful with my cat jokes from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                      Good gods, I'll have to be careful with my cat jokes from now on.
                      Well, yes caution is always good but mostly due to the items I'm too lazy to list
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

I've got a few. Scottish broadsword, a few daggers, a long bladed bone knife, and a massai spear.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                          Well, yes caution is always good but mostly due to the items I'm too lazy to list
                          Lols. Now I wonder what kind of torturing machines you have for those who steal your pizza.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, MO, is there a way to post screen shots in the comments?

Comment

Screen shots are just picture files. You can upload them like any other picture or you load them to an image hosting site and link to them.

Comment

So,if there is a massacre in the news where bladed (cold) weapons were used,we will have a short list of who made their 15 minutes of fame before swallowing a sword OR did seppuku(Japanese suicide method)[Hara-kiri]

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                              X