Magic "Logs"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magic "Logs"

So because my Book of Shadows is extremely unorganized and I wanted to do something about it finally, I've decided to begin creating Magic Logs. I'm starting with one 70 page notebook, which I've respectfully placed the words "Magic Log #1" on as well as "The Green One"... Because it's green and it will just be easier for me to remember when I place it in my table of contents on the Book of Shadows. That's another thing I've decided to do... Table of contents. Anybody else do something similar? When a log is filled I'm going to place it in the Book of Shadows for future reference.

Re: Magic "Logs"

No, but rarely do I practice magic. I like what you are doing though.

Comment

If you use these logs to keep track of what you learn, what you do, and your impressions of it all then it would be identical to what we call a book of growth.
      They are a great idea and a treasure after twenty or more years because you can take a look into your past and remember how you felt about concepts and practices. It is a boon when you begin to teach too. It helps you understand where your students are.
      The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
      I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

You're describing exactly what I'm doing!

Comment

Back when computers had floppy drives I had a "disk of Shadows" ... Real easy to edit and reorganize at a moments notice ... I still use the computer but now it is my desktop with a tonne of file folders ...
          I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Edata is something I also use but I like that my Book of Growth contains the instant thoughts of exercises and has the certificates of completion as well as documentation of all the work I have completed.
            I do use my computer to compose class outlines and hand-outs for classes that I teach. There is something more personal about notes taken in the moment in hand-written paper and ink.
            The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.

Comment

Of course there is, it's proven that actually writing things down on paper rather than typing them up lets you remember them better. For that very reason I stopped saving everything in my BoS on my PC. I mean if anything one day I might scan every single page and then put it in there in my OneDrive so I have easy access to it anywhere but that'd take forever so that's not happening anytime soon.

Comment

The other consideration with electronic information is that it can be lost with a single E1 pulse from a nuclear blast in space. You need to keep backups on CD or DVD and paper.

Comment

Working...
                X