Repentance/purification practices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Repentance/purification practices

Interesting replies, everyone! Seems like "not doing it again and letting go" is a popular rule here. I guess I'm a bit of a closet Abrahamic... (though it was Buddhism that put the idea of guilt in my head but I'm just one of the many westies who take those lofty ideals of Buddhism a bit too seriously and end up on a guilt trip.)
    Now when I think about it, I used to go on long walks when some ridiculously guilt thing bugged me and that was quite refreshing. Puts things in perspective.

Originally posted by Jembru
    The daily meditation I use is based on one I saw in a TedEx talk on Youtube. I don't remember the guy and much of what he said smelt faintly of BS and was quite sensationalist, but I liked the structure of the meditation he was pushing.
    Some ho'onoponopono guy perhaps? Though I don't know they use such 7 step meditations as they seem to be busy enough with their 4 step litany ("I'm sorry, please forgive me, I love you, thank you") - and drinking hot chocolate:
    "hot chocolate – cleaning tool that can be drunk and its purpose is to put God or the Divine first and foremost. Drinking hot chocolate erases eons of putting the world or money first, ahead of the Divine." (source)
    Nevermind what that cult is, I'm in!

Oh dear gods I regret going on all those lavender coloured websites, I vow I will never do it again!
    baah.

Comment

Working...
    X