Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natib Qadish/ Kadesh Kan'anu (Canaanite Phoenician Polytheism)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Natib Qadish/ Kadesh Kan'anu (Canaanite Phoenician Polytheism)

Thank you Nail Leppu, this realy mean alot

Canaanite/ Phoenicians in History:
    -History was written by the victorious, canaanism was demonized by all who came after.
    -The hitties, the Asyrians, the Egyptians, Persians, Hebrews, Greeks, Romans,...
    -All tried to demolish the race, and the faith. from Sur(Tyrus) to Qart Hdasht(Carthage), but with all those actions, the faith still moved on with the occupiers.

Preservation of the faith, and troubles faced:
    -Very few things remain from the texts of the faiths at the moment, as almost all writings were destroyed, and only very few remain at the ruins of the temples, at the museums, or hidden underground.
    -Further disappearing of religious symbols, texts, and buildings, all due to isil targeting Palmyra.
    -Closed National borders between Lebanon, Israel, Syria is a huge issue, but did not cease us from continuing our work.
    -It's not easy for us to show off in public, that will lead to physical harm, and constant targeting.
    -Most followers rather keep their belief secret, cuz of constant bashing from Jews, Christians, Muslims, and other monotheists.

Connection between Canaanism and Abrahamic religions:
    As it was a polytheistic religion, unlike the monotheistic Abrahamic religions
    The biggest connection is between Canaanite and ancient Judaism, as with all respect to all faiths (Yahwe) is considered god of the Hebrews

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! Another question: is there any kind of ceremonial language or can you use whatever language you want in the rituals?
    Language isn't an issue when u wish to worship, as it's easier for new westerners to use their native tongues when they first join the faith.
    As they learn, slowly they will get to know the language basics.

Preferably, our groups in the middle east rather use original tongues, the Phoenician language, written and spoken is the main language to us, as it's the parent language to all Semitic languages.

Ugaritic, comes in second, it is the language used in ancient Ugaritic scriptures, which is the origins of the Canaanite polytheism.

I guess the answer is Phoenician then Ugaritic, but any language will do, as faith is in our hearts and minds, the tongue only projects what we believe in.

Comment

Ahiram,
      Have you found any links to Sumer or the Sumerian practices in your faith? There are tablets and even a passage in the Bible that ties Hebrew to Sumer. Abram, later called Abraham the father of the Jews, came from Ur, a capital city in Sumer.
      The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
      I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

There are no 100% connection between the Sumerian religion and the Canaanite religon
        It is like comparing Roman paganism to Greek Polytheism

The only thing that I am sure of, is the name Ba'al Hadad, which is shared with the Akkadians by the name Adad, the asyrian/babylonian god.

Comment

Ba'al was Bel in Sumer. A goddess of fertility who was later subjugated by the male counterpart Hadad, the Bull of the Heavens. Also a fertility god who controlled the rains. Ba'al later came to mean "Lord" or "lesser" god as compared to the greater gods and goddesses. Much of the Assyrian and later Babylonian gods and goddesses were retained after the conquest of Sumer in the late second century BCE.
          It is good to have a cousin on the board.
          The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.

Comment

Religions of the Middle east sometimes shared some few gods, Ba'al Shemen(equivalent of Zeus Helios) is followed by almost everyone in the middle east: the canaanite/phoenicians, asyrians, babylonians, sumerians,akkadians, nabataens, ancient arabia(central arabia), and south arabia

The name bel means ba'alat in phoenician, which means goddess/queen. As there were many goddesses, such as Ba'alat Gebal, Ba'alat Ashtar, Ba'alat Astarte,...etc
            The goddess bel of palmyra remained to be worshipped by the nabataens and central arabian tribes of that time.

The Akkadian god adad, the sky rider thunder god, was the northwest semetic god hadad, introduced to mesopotamia by the Amorites(ancient canaanite tribe) who came from the west of the Euphrates river(syria and canaan)

Hello cousin.

Comment

I practice a faith called Arratu that is based on the myths and practices of Sumer. Arratu is a religion and philosophy in which magik is practiced continuously in life. We are not reconstructionists, rather we are evolutionist. Many of the practices are not suited to a modern religion and with a modern understanding of the universe and the divine our relationship with deity is one of partnership.

Comment

I Became a legit member, now here comes some of my pictures from my adventures last year

some of my adventures in spring 2015
                Playing Ancient Hymns on the ruins of Ba'al Adon's Temple

Ba'al Adon, also known by the names Adoni/Adonai/Adonis/...
                This Temple Built By the Romans using Roman architecture mixed with ancient Phoenician Architecture.
                This is one of many Temples for Ba'al Adon in Lebanon, this one is located in Faqra.

Comment

It's nice to see a Canaanite on the board! I hope you keep safe: as you say, it can be dangerous to be a pagan among Muslims. As a Hellene, I worship many of the same Gods under different names: Zeus/Hadad, Aphrodite/Ashtart, Hephaistos/Kushor, etc.

As for the question asked by another poster, about Judaism and Canaanite religion, the Bible was re-written to cover up the fact that Abraham and Isaac, David and Solomon, were all Canaanite polytheists. Judaism as we know it was introduced in the 8th century BC and enforced by King Hezekiah. Even then, many kings went back to the old religion until the Babylonian exile. The events of the New Year festival in Judaism, from the Day of Atonement to the Feast of Tabernacles, are preserved from Canaanite times, although they were originally focused on Hadad. Many of the Hebrew psalms have been identified by scholars as adapted hymns to Hadad: 28/29, 46/47 64/65, 65/66, the second half of 73/74, the middle of 88/89, 93/92, 95/96, 96/97, 98/97. (The first number is Orthodox/Catholic, the second Jewish/Protestant).

Comment

Thank you David

I'd like to add, if you were originally Greek or living in Greece, gods be with you, I read about how your people are mistreated by the orthodox church there, our hearts be with them.

Similar things happened to some of us, some were excommunicated from their communities and families, due to the 4 dominating monotheistic religions, the Maronite catholic church and other in the Druze community. Thank god none of the ex Shiite and ex Sunni Muslims were caught or else we wouldn't have any other place to seek refuge. (thats in Lebanon only)

The Larger portion of our Middle Eastern Community is active in Israel, which makes them a bigger target, from the Orthodox Jewish community and other Jewish communities.

In the middle east, intolerance from all the other groups lead us to secrecy.

May you all live all your days in peace, whilst being accepted by everyone.

Comment

Just to let everyone go back to positive thoughts, here is a video by these talented artists, taking place at the same Ba'al Adon temple I was in last spring.

Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Ahiram Hasdruba'al View Post

Just to let everyone go back to positive thoughts, here is a video by these talented artists, taking place at the same Ba'al Adon temple I was in last spring.

Enjoy
                        Excellent video!! I absolutely love music from the Levant. Also, I'm glad to know I have some Canaanite cousins on here, as well as some Mesopotamian brothers. Have any of you folks read Anointed by Tess Dawson? She has compiled a collection of poems and songs (in english and Ivrit) dealing with the worship and reverence of Canaanite and Mesopotamian Gods. Really great stuff.

(also, completely off topic, but can someone tell me the number of posts one must make before they post a link? thank you.)

Comment

thank you Lapis, your words mean much for me

as for the link sharing your should have a minimum of 15 posts

Comment

Working...
                          X