Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ouija Board

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

Re: Ouija Board

Ever since Captain Howdy made his appearance I've washed my hands clean of the thing.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Dec 2014
    Religion
    Pagan, Hearth Witch

The last time I tried to use one, a friend and I were drunk. It kept spelling out, "go away." I'm glad it did. I don't want to think about how we could have been taken advantage of in our silly stupor.

Dec 2011
    Religion
    Ecletic Pagan
    Phrase
    There is no mastery--only constant improvement.

I've never used one. My understanding is they're mainly used to contact ghosts, so I leave it alone.
    “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Quote Originally Posted by habbalah View Post
    I've never used one. My understanding is they're mainly used to contact ghosts, so I leave it alone.
    I use it as a form of meditation and subconscious messaging.

Contrary to what people like to scare themselves with, it is not some portal to the otherworld through which spooky baddies are coming to get them. It works on the basis of the ideomotor effect at best (something that we can use to our advantage) or outright "sabotage" or trickery (someone in your group is consciously and purposely moving the planchette). If you get creepy sh**, its because A) you expected creepy sh** and you have provided it for yourselves or B) because someone is yanking your chain.

(The pendulum also works on the basis of the ideomotor effect)
    Last edited by thalassa; 25 Dec 2015 at 03:28.
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

I also think you need to have a great deal of respect for the ouija board if you are going to work with the ouija board. I've never worked with it seriously, like i've mentioned, but it is definitely something that I think you need to have respect for since you are communicating with spirits through it.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

The Diary of an Egyptian Witch | Reading is Love | I Love My Books

Copper Member
    Sep 2015
    Religion
    Arratu - based on Sumer 4500 to 1800BCE

Any tool can be used as a doorway to and/or from different realms. It all depends on the mind of the user.
    For example mirrors and windows are thought to be a doorway to another realm. It just depends on what you believe and/or your intent.

Apr 2012
    Religion
    eclectic Heathen
    Phrase
    Its not about finding the "right path" but more so finding the path that's right for you

From my experience it's just a tool, and no matter what, just like any other tool its all in a matter of how, why, and what intent you use said tool.

Best example is a knife. You can use it to cut vegetables or paper to provide for your family or make something pretty....or you can take a darker path and use it to slice someone's throat open.

I have several ouija/spirit boards lying around my house that have never given me any trouble or given off any bad vibes-but then again, I go out of my way not to vent any frustration/worry/fear of spooky crap into it while making them. However, to each his own.
    Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress