Psychics: Real Or Fake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psychics: Real Or Fake

This is a good topic to debate about. Well I never experience being around with psychics before but I heard how psychics are operated running a business. Their prices are very expensive. I heard a psychic could give people a reading for $1000! I could tell with a price so high that means the psychic is scamming people. In my opinion, while I believe that there are some real psychics out there while some fake psychics are total frauds. What's your opinion on psychics?

Re: Psychics: Real Or Fake

There is really nothing to debate here. People who claim to be psychic or have some form of mystical powers-especially those who profit off their claims are frauds and at the very least mentally ill.

Comment

There's definitely some cool stuff going on with subconscious thought and collective consciousness, so there is something to say for intuition and empathy. However, I've yet to be convinced by anyone who claims to see the future, communicate with the dead, or move things with their mind.

Such things would be very easy to prove if they were consistent and reliable.
      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I'm wary of future prediction in general, really, because I'm fairly certain that the world isn't wholely deterministic; fate doesn't seem like something that exists to me, just temporary luck. However, it seems quite plausible that people are accidentally expending magical resources to make sure that their predictions come true, and when those predictions are negative...

I do think that communicating with the dead, moving things with your mind, and etc. that don't involve seeing the future are fairly okay, though the moving part isn't direct; you can't tell a rock spirit to move, it's not in it's nature, but you can certainly encourage some wind and rain spirits to start the slow process of encouraging movement.

Also, anyone that's making you pay obscene amounts is probably a fraud. Can't disagree with that.
        Last edited by Herbert; 15 Oct 2015, 16:36.

Comment

There is an art and science to being a "psychic for hire" and it is fairly easy to learn. They are less fraud than they are psychological helpers. They make people feel good spending money to get what they want to hear.
          I have had psychic tendencies in my life and I have seen into the future multiple times. I found that I could change that future consciously by making a decision that differed from the "vision". Rather than calling it psychic I prefer to call it time travel. It may or may not be the same time-line in which "this" me is traveling and that makes it less than perfect but when I find myself in the exact situation with the exact same things happening I can change the outcome or let it happen depending on the outcome and how I feel about it.

I have seen other's futures and helped them know what to do when it happened. I have also seen death and I disliked that enough to stop doing readings for others. When I see my death I will be at piece with it.
          The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
          I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

IMHO - it is possible that there are ways of picking up info we do not yet entirely understand yet, and as Denarius stated, intuition and empathy may also be a part of it.

On the other hand, there are a lot of fakes out there.

It seems to me that pretty much anybody who claims major knowledge, or major effects can almost always be demonstrated to be a fake.

Any actual truth to psychic predictions is likely to be subtle - if it exists at all.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

It is easy to believe if you experience it and impossible if you believe that. It might be a lot like walking across 1200 degree coals for 25 feet. From one end it is impossible, but at the other end it is easy.
              The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
              I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

My mother in law had an old lady walk up to her and basically tell my wife's future (which happened, as we are now married), never asked for money, she just told her. My mother in law was quite nervous as my now-wife was moving down to England for university and my MIL is a bit of a worrier. It appears the old woman told her, free of charge, because it would calm her down. She had no reason to know my MIL is a bit of a spiritualist and that it would work in settling her worries. The fact it came true is remarkable.

I do believe in divination.
                I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                But that day you know I left my money
                And I thought of you only
                All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Working...
                X