leather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leather

Anyone make belts, purses, shoes, saddles or anything out of leather or suede?
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Re: leather

I have some experience with leather. Belts, wallets, holsters, drums, rattles, scourges and other fun tools.
    why do you ask?
    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

just curious if anyone does it and has pics of their creations ... We all like to ogle other peoples stuff ...
      I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

I've done a lot of work in leather and rawhide and even taught classes but I never take pictures. If it is a ritual device, it seems disrespectful to take pictures and if it is for me I don't need the pictures.
        I have some pictures of automatic transmission parts that I have modified for performance and even some finished transmissions but that was all part of my business. Hobbies are just for enjoyment and making ritual tools is , well, magikal.
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I've dabbled in making masks out of leather. It's actually a lot of fun but was a very short lived hobby of mine that I truly wished I would pick up again. Alas, it's one of those hobbies that's more fun with (to me) with another person or more and I don't have that at the moment.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Snapshot_20151019.JPGSnapshot_20151019_1.JPGSnapshot_20151019_2.JPGSnapshot_20151019_3.JPG 1. A small possibles bag I made on a whim ... 2. a shoulder bag ... 3. shows the top decoration and horn closure ... 4. shows my name in pict and some bone runes I made ... The bags are done with suede and sinew ... The decorating is burning with a magnifying glass on a sunny day ... Not for ritual use ...

Comment

I started working with leather! I make leather bookmarks, holsters, keychains, wallets, utility tool holders, and a few other things. I can get pictures of them later for you ^_^
              Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
              Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
              sigpic

Comment

OOOOOHHHH ... A lady that works with leather ... heh heh heh

Comment

Working...
                X