Mars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mars

wadaya think ???http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/10...s-permanently/ ... http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/innovati...g-mars-n446196 ...
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Re: Mars

Now this is something that just makes my day. Finally, we can start our destiny as the colonizers and explorers of space. The Final Frontier will be Finally be settled

Comment

As much as this would be amazing there are just sooo many variables that make it an impossible task with our current technology and understanding of the universe. Terraforming is still nonexistent, protection from radiation while on the surface of a planet for long periods of time, space time is a problem especially when it comes to communication and travel when we still haven't figured out wormhole travel or something similar. I could go on and on. Take "Interstellar" into account when on this subject, much of the science in that movie was dead on especially when it came to space time, time dilation and special relativity. We've found many "Goldielocks" planets, our problem is we cannot safely travel at the speed of light to get there, and even if we could what we see as an earth-like planet now ... we are seeing it's past not its present (enter quantum physics). *sighs* it's still a long off dream though an underground city on Mars may be worth a try at some point.

Comment

We won't need to live underground, just have buildings that have a "bunker" or special radiation room that can be used when solar activity necessitates it. The "background radiation, although higher than on earth can be stopped with construction of walls and roofs designed for it using the materials available. They have mapped some caves on mount Olympus that would serve well to seal and use as temporary shelters for the first inhabitants. Terra-forming is a possibility but we have to find a way to heat the core to produce a magnetic field again or any atmosphere we put in place will just be eroded by solar winds very quickly. we could use comets and asteroids to supply the water and oxygen as well as materials for modern construction practices. (instead of using mud bricks like the Sumerians).
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

A trip to Mars is possible with todays off-the-shelf- technology ... It would take about 9 months to a year ... Possibly a bit less ... The surface has a fairy high concentration of iron, magnesium and silicates ... A good for manufacturing structures ... With its closeness to the sun and minimal atmosphere it would be a good location for soar power including laser and direct sunshine powered furnaces for melting and smelting ... And with a gravity about 10% a whoe new style of construction would be possible ...
          I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Actually with the latest version of Plasma engine (an ion engine) Mars is only three weeks away. The newer "vacuum energy" or Quantum drive that is being developed separately by the US and China could be even faster.
            The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
            I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Working...
            X