Save A Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save A Life

Have you ever save a person life before?

Re: Save A Life

I would venture a guess that many of us veterans could say yes ... And that we ourselves have had our life saved a time or two ...
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

magusphredde has pretty well spoken for the veterans aspect so nothing to add to that.

From a first responder and fire and rescue status yes I've saved a life. Some you sort of know right off the bat, others you keep them alive and stabilize them which keeps them alive. yet you may never hear that you actually did something except through some news paper article, maybe someone in the ambulance tells you they heard from the hospital, etc.

Sometimes you even hear from the person who was set to end their own life and felt they had nothing left to live for. Then they tell you simply listening to them and talking saved their life for it turned them away from what they were going to do.

But at the end of the day all that matters is you did what was needed and were in a place where you could help and actually did. Whether it be stopping to assist at some accident before the first responders get there to simply listening and treating everyone as if they were of importance.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Saved my grandmothers life when she fell in the bathroom and almost bled out. I really didn't do much but try to control the bleeding and call an ambulance.

Comment

I was a lifeguard before and after I became a corpsman (Navy medic for you civilians!!), so yes, I've saved some lives.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Does saving a couple of people from suicide count? If yes, then yes I have.
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Well, I went and got help as my father lay bleeding out from his suicide attempt. It was traumatizing, but it probably counts.

Comment

Yes. Suicides does count as well.

Comment

I have saved a few,and been saved by a few also.....Life can be a real bitch sometimes...good to have good people around you.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I saved 2 friends from suicide and one from drowning.

Comment

I've saved some and have been saved by some, but I'm proud of my eldest son for what he did.

A couple of years ago my wife came and got me early in the morning, as they were all getting ready for school, and said something was wrong with Adam - that he wouldn't open his door and sounded strange. I knocked on his door and when he finally opened it he looked pale as a sheet. He had been up all night on a Skype call with a friend who was in the process of committing suicide, slowly, while Adam watched. Adam kept him talking for four or five hours, afraid to leave the webcam to come get one of us. By the time I got there, the young man was fading in and out of consciousness.

This was an internet friend, so Adam only knew his screen name and the city he lived in. He also knew that the kid was in trouble with the law and had to make a court appearance in the near future. I was on the line with the police in CA, telling Adam to try to get his name - the guy didn't want to give it up, but Adam reasoned that if he had to watch a man die, he at least wanted to remember who he was. The guy told him his name, of which there were many in that city, but the cross-reference of the court date told them who it was. He had almost bled out by the time they broke his door down, but he survived.

He got mad at Adam for the $5k ambulance bill, but grudgingly thanked him for saving his life.

Comment

Working...
                      X