X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh oh... "det var helt Texas"!

Well, looky here...

Texas Is So Insane It's Now Slang For 'Crazy' In Norway
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Oh oh... "det var helt Texas"!

Don't mention this to our "Texas" members...Or should we just flaunt it???
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      Don't mention this to our "Texas" members...Or should we just flaunt it???
      Shhhh...

Let's just keep this between ourselves...
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Hah, that's both funny and accurate. I'm very glad that I don't live in Texas, even if I have some relatives that used to live over there.

Comment

I guess they never rode a taxi in New York ...
          I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Texas has been slang for crazy in Oklahoma for a long time now...
            I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
            Tribe of my Tribe
            Clan of my Clan
            Kin of my Kin
            Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
            And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

I'm now terrified by the idea of Swedish pizza.
              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Lol Rick Texas isn't to fond of Oklahoma either. Corbin I knew as soon as I saw this thread that it was you who posted it. I had been feeling neglected lately! All I can do is laugh because lets face it its really really funny. We are crazy. But soon this native Texan shall not be in Texas. I will be pretty close to you Corbin.
                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                  Corbin I knew as soon as I saw this thread that it was you who posted it. I had been feeling neglected lately! All I can do is laugh because lets face it its really really funny. We are crazy. But soon this native Texan shall not be in Texas. I will be pretty close to you Corbin.
                  That's great!

We're jealous in the Midwest because the only reputation we have is "boring, like white socks."

As Garrison Keillor said "It's better to have a besmirched reputation than to have people think you are the kind of person who's reputation can't be besmirched."

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Dez View Post
                  I'm now terrified by the idea of Swedish pizza.
                  Just don't order it "Texas style."

Comment

It is a little telling as to how the world sees us(Not just Texas)
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

It doesn't bother me to hear this, because the thing is, Texas only got this reputation once the interstate migration rate to move here got so high. Especially here in Houston, I don't know if I even know anyone outside my immediate family who is native. So the crazy folks are an import, then they only export their crazy to the world once they get here.

Comment

We all love Texas, that's why we poke fun...

Comment

I was reading an article in a British paper the other day written by a journalist visiting Austin. The taxi driver at the airport told her that she'd love his city: "The only thing wrong with it is that it's surrounded by Texas."

Comment

El Paso is my favorite city in the U.S. hands down. I hate the rest of Texas but there is something about far West Texas I love. The Mexican-American culture, friendly people, being surrounded by mountains, having three National Parks and a National Monument all within. A couple hours driving distance, the ability to go from the desert valley to snowboarding in an hour. El Paso has it it all.

It also could've been all the Latin women.

Comment

In Stockholm there's a restaurant called Texas. It has this on the outside.

In Finland there's not (or not that I know, I'm not very slang-savvy) such a saying but Texas as a concept includes everything from cowboys to tortillas and rednecks. Mostly rednecks.
                              baah.

Comment

Working...
                              X