This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference between radiating energy and directing energy

I'd like to have a wand, so while I was researching how to make one/whether to buy one, I stumbled onto this distinction with different types of woods, stones, crystals etc.

I know what the words themselves mean obviously, but what I am wondering is where the practical difference lies in application. If I had to guess, I would say I've only ever done spells that directed energy ... in what type of spells or situations would radiating energy be more appropriate?

Re: Difference between radiating energy and directing energy

If you want people to love you, radiate love.

If you want someone to love you, direct love.

Same for other stuff.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Radiant energy=sun ... Directed energy=laser ...
      I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

For the purposes of a wand, woods and crystals that help to direct energy would be more useful.

Or if you want to get fancy, a crystal that radiates a particular type of energy set into a wood or metal that conducts energy (copper wire wrapped around also works) with the whole thing tipped with a crystal that directs energy.

Comment

Don't forget making the wand with a wood that has a specific power resonance either for the task at hand or for the user ...
          I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Thank you all. Okay, so I guess to expand the question, wand or no wand, when would it be more useful to radiate than to direct energy in any given spell? It seems like B's answer is a matter of the quantity of X (whatever: people, things, etc) it is you are trying to affect? Am I understanding that correctly?

On top of the wood choice too magusphredde, the plum tree I planted five years ago seems to like me enough to share a branch, and my research seems to show that it is a good multi purpose wood .

Comment

Yup - think of a radio broadcast that can be picked up by anybody with a radio receiver - this is radiating.

A cell phone call that can only be picked up by the specific phone (excluding the CIA or NSA ) to which it is directed is like directing.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

In my practices both the wand and the dagger are used to direct energy. The wand is used when dealing with intelligent energy and asking it to agree to an action. Invocations use the wand to invite a spirit (or aspect of a spirit) to exchange places with you in your body. The dagger is used to command energy to follow your will. My experience is limited to just two traditions and neither routinely dealt with "high" magik.
                The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

One particular finger will project my energy and feelings very well.....Bird,bird,bird,bird is the word

Peter Griffin lives.

- - - Updated - - -

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by TxanGoddess View Post
                    Thank you all. Okay, so I guess to expand the question, wand or no wand, when would it be more useful to radiate than to direct energy in any given spell? It seems like B's answer is a matter of the quantity of X (whatever: people, things, etc) it is you are trying to affect? Am I understanding that correctly?

On top of the wood choice too magusphredde, the plum tree I planted five years ago seems to like me enough to share a branch, and my research seems to show that it is a good multi purpose wood .
                    It depends on what the purpose of your spell is. Spells with a very specific target or purpose would be better served by directing that energy. Spells with a more general target may be better served by radiating the energy over a larger target area. There is no one-answer-fits-all here.

It also depends on which items you are talking about here. When a source says that 'x crystal radiates x energy' there are two possible meanings to that... 1) that the crystal itself radiates a particular flavour of energy, which can be harnessed as an ingredient in your spell (ie Rose Quartz for a love spell); or 2) that the crystal will take energy fed into it and radiate that energy around it (as opposed to crystals which will take that energy and direct it). Point 2) may be the difference between a tumbled Clear Quartz (radiating) and a Clear Quartz point (directing), or the difference between a rounded Selenite wand (directing) and a rounded Clear Quartz wand (radiating).

Comment

Working...
                    X