Magic: Real Or Fake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magic: Real Or Fake

I never experience magic before. But many people believe the succesful rate of three types of magic: black, white and gray magic turns out to be very successful. In my opinion I believe the magic is real. What's your opinion on magic.

Re: Magic: Real Or Fake

Generally, has the same success rate as prayer.

Comment

I don't believe there is black white and grey magic. Just intention. And intention is whatever we want it to be.

Generally speaking, clear focused magic has a better chance of success. So if you want to do magic, decide exactly WHAT you want first.
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I think "black" and "white" to be too subjective. What one might view in ignorance, say a hex, to be "black", if that binding prevents them from hurting themselves or other people, then it's not black. Likewise, a seemingly well intended spell may be deemed "white" but actually have negative repercussions, such as how treating a child may well be spoiling the child.

As far the efficacy of magic, sorry I signed up to this thread because I'm interested to find out what people think. I've never performed magic myself so cannot contribute as far as that is concerned. I can't personally see spell-casting coming up as a part of my practice with the direction it is taking, although I guess "magic" could include attempts to contact in a paranormal manner.
        I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
        Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
        But that day you know I left my money
        And I thought of you only
        All that copper glowing fine

Comment

If you think that magic is throwing fireballs or turning your frenemy from Facebook into a newt, then no.

If you think that magic is working with what is commonly called "energy" (terrible word for it, but whatevs) to align the external forces with your goals, then maybe.

If you think that magic is aliging yourself to the ebb and flow of the world around you, to achieve goals beyond your ordinary grasp, then probably.

If you think that magic is self-psychology that improves the chances of attaining goals through the subtle manipulation of your brain, then yes.

(I might add that I do the last three)

I don't have a problem with the black, white, gray, green, etc color forumulation--I think its a handy reference for the outcome of the spell, etc, though, as Mrs P. said (to paraphrase), intention is intention and has no color.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
            If you think that magic is throwing fireballs or turning your frenemy from Facebook into a newt, then no.
            Sorry to disagree, but my fireball throwing skills are quite developed. :P

In short, magic is real to those who know how to handle it. Non believers see it as coincidences :P

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
              Sorry to disagree, but my fireball throwing skills are quite developed. :P

In short, magic is real to those who know how to handle it. Non believers see it as coincidences :P
              I can throw a fireball too...I just don't attribute it to magic. Its also no coincidence. Its called chemistry and physics.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

I can throw a fireball too...I just don't attribute it to magic. Its also no coincidence. Its called chemistry and physics.
                Science will "discover" magic anyway. It already has, partially.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
                  Science will "discover" magic anyway. It already has, partially.
                  Once its explained, its not really magic by definition.

Magic is about Mystery.
                  sigpic

Comment

Magic is about Mystery.
                    I personally don't see it that way, but I do believe that magic and science can commune without science completely absorbing magic!

Comment

Magic is about Mystery.
                      Magic is more than mystery in my mind at least. There's nothing really mystical about will and intent but I agree that science will probably unravel most of it, personally I'm curious about what they'll find. But I will still think of it as magic.
                      You remind me of the babe
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Magic is very real to me and I do differentiate between the black and the white and the low and the high for intellectual reasons, but magic is still magic no matter what color or deity you use. Some will call it synchronicity or coincidence, some miracles and others complete and utter nonsense. Magic is elusive yet practical, fun yet frightening (that first moment you realize you actually created something through intention is an odd but empowering feeling). When it comes down to it, magic seems to be a form of communication between different levels consciousness and dimensions, a bridge between the imaginary and the practical.

Comment

One night I had a breakdown and couldn't sleep. I went to the balcony where I could feel the cool air of the night. I prayed to the gods and after a couple of seconds, out of nowhere I felt a huge wave of confidence that I never felt before, even once in my life. For those who know a bit about the Kemetic form of prayer, it's also considered as magic. So yeah, I say it's real. I have a proof.
                          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!!

ok, that being said, I do believe in magic. I have practiced it myself on various occasions. (you can see my religious description says I am a witch) I think that, at least in my experience, magic has a lot to do with psychology. and it's a lot like prayer, too, in that it also has a lot to do with faith. if someone is a devout Christian and they pray every day, and I tell them I am going to pray for them, they will most likely believe that something good will come of that. if someone practices magic, and I tell them I am going to do a positive spell on their behalf, same deal.

if I pray for something to happen, or I do a spell, and the thing happens, I will believe that I had a hand in it. I've seen this before.

Comment

Real as can be . Reality is that which remains once you stop believing in it, and you can be cursed or blessed by magic, with clear correlation, whether you believe in magic or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X