Daylight Saving (no S!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daylight Saving (no S!)

It's that time of year again. Where we gripe and moan. But this is the good one. FALL BACK an hour when you finish your trick or treating Saturday night!:devil:
    Satan is my spirit animal

Re: Daylight Saving (no S!)

Weird... ours was this past saturday I actually didn't know it was different around the world.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
      Weird... ours was this past saturday I actually didn't know it was different around the world.
      It's ok....my family lives in Canada and I still forget.

I keep forgetting we had ours. I only have three clocks that have to be set manually and two of those are out of batteries anyway. all my other clocks set automatically, so I keep wondering why it's dark at 5 pm.

Even though we get an extra hour of sleep for a day, I hate this one. I think it should be daylight savings time all year. How does it make sense to have it be dark out at 4 pm in the winter? All it does is make us use a ton of heat and light. Most people are not farmers and aren't up early enough for the extra hour in the morning to matter all that much. Pretty much everyone is awake at 4 pm.

Comment

It is always a controversy even here in the US..I think there is one state that half the state follows DST,the other half does not.
        ABOUT

- - - Updated - - -

This is about Indiana and DST.
        Sauce
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I think it is funny to think you get more "daylight" by changing your clocks setting. Farmers don't need daylight savings time, they work from dawn to dusk regardless of what the clock says. "Standard" time is just fine with me. There is an old one-liner about the American Indian talking to a cowboy about daylight savings time. It goes something like this: The white man is the only creature on earth that believes that by cutting off the bottom of a blanket and sewing it to the top gives you a longer blanket.

The analogy is very accurate. While we need clocks in the modern world there is no need to attempt to control the hours of daylight. Those hours are the same no matter what the clock says.
          The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
          I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Time to move to Arizona ... They don't change their clocks
            I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

I always thought it was called Daylight Savings with an "s". Okay, no "s"; now I know.

Comment

I like that it will be light out earlier in the a.m. for a few weeks. It just doesn't feel normal to me to have lights on at the start of the day.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Not normal to eat dinner, go to the movies and it is still light when you get home at 9 pm ... Oh wait ... it is normal ... LOL
                  I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Time and tides,all are illusion...Well time anyway...
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                      I like that it will be light out earlier in the a.m. for a few weeks. It just doesn't feel normal to me to have lights on at the start of the day.
                      For me it is the opposite. When I finish work in Winter, I would love an hour of light to bask in its glory.Long live the Sun

Without going out the door, you can know the ways of the world.
                      Without looking out your window, you can see the Way of Heaven.
                      The farther you go, the less you know.
                      Thus the Sage knows without travelling, sees without looking, does without doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkingman View Post
                        I always thought it was called Daylight Savings with an "s". Okay, no "s"; now I know.
                        Right? I always thought the same till I saw some articles about it. Whatevs I say

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Phoenix View Post
                          For me it is the opposite. When I finish work in Winter, I would love an hour of light to bask in its glory.Long live the Sun
                          Same. Dark at 5 pm is just not ok. And in the dead of winter, it's dark at like 4 pm here.

Comment

I wish it was dark all the time. I love waking up, going to work in the dark and leaving work in the dark.
                            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                            Sneak Attack
                            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                              I wish it was dark all the time. I love waking up, going to work in the dark and leaving work in the dark.
                              Ok Gotha McGothy

eh. Me too

Comment

Working...
                              X