Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NaNoWriMo 2015

Hey everyone,

I'm hoping that I am posting this in the right forum area. If not please feel free to move it. Since the start of November is in two days, I was wondering if anyone, besides myself, is going to be participating in NaNoWriMo this year. I'm looking forward to a month of writing and getting my creative juices flowing again.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Re: NaNoWriMo 2015

Anubisa, do you mind sharing what NaNoWriMo is, for those who aren't familiar with it (such as myself)? I'm have a feeling I miss all the good stuff in the world! -runs and hides in the shadows-
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

So here Gleb.
      NaNoWriMo
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Aahhh now I see. Thanks, Anu!
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

That looks interesting. I've never written a novel in my life, only short stories when I was a kid. I might give it a try.

Comment

I kind of want to participate... but then I don't.
            I've tried it, failed it, tried again and flipped out completely.
            So probably not. Probably yes. I don't know.
            baah.

Comment

I'm working on a novel. It has taken me months to write around 50 pages. I don't think I would succeed in this
              You remind me of the babe
              What babe?
              The babe with the power
              What power?
              The Power of voodoo
              Who do?
              You do!
              Do what?
              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I'm doing it! This will be my third time attempting. The first two times were utter fail. This time I'm pretty sure I can at least reach word count. Whether or not those words are good or not...well... =P

Iris, that Greek God intro I sent you is from one of those attempts....and I've actually been plotting that story since I was like 12. =P 50 pages is impressive, you should at least think about it. Thrudr, I've never written a novel, I've only plotted them lol. =)

Anu, what are you going to be writing about?
                ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

All the best novels were written in just a month.

I think this might be "short story" only, novella at best! lol
                  I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                  Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                  But that day you know I left my money
                  And I thought of you only
                  All that copper glowing fine

Comment

I am not really a writer,though I did a writing class many years ago..My English(written) skills suck. I just did a search for Gleb.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
                      I'm doing it! This will be my third time attempting. The first two times were utter fail. This time I'm pretty sure I can at least reach word count. Whether or not those words are good or not...well... =P

Iris, that Greek God intro I sent you is from one of those attempts....and I've actually been plotting that story since I was like 12. =P 50 pages is impressive, you should at least think about it. Thrudr, I've never written a novel, I've only plotted them lol. =)

Anu, what are you going to be writing about?
                      Oh I'm thinking about it but I like to stay focused on what I'm working on right now. Not starting a new one ^^ I have like 3 stories floating around in my head that have been there since I was a kid too.

And the one you sent me was awesome! Maybe you could try to finish it this time I want to read more.
                      You remind me of the babe
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                        Anubisa, do you mind sharing what NaNoWriMo is, for those who aren't familiar with it (such as myself)? I'm have a feeling I miss all the good stuff in the world! -runs and hides in the shadows-
                        Whoops, sorry Gleb. NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month. You can go to http://www.nanowrimo.org to sign up. It's a challenge to write a novel of at least 50,000 words in 30 days.
                        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

wow, I totally forgot this was coming up...

then again, although I AM writing a novel, I have never participated in NaNoWriMo... mostly because, as others have said on here already, it would take me too long to do. I am a graduate student and a volunteer in two different organizations, and my writing comes third. I definitely can't write a novel in a month.

to put some more perspective on this, my novel is currently at 12k words, and it's been in the works for over a year.

Comment

NaNoWriMo starts today! I hope those of you who are writing have a great time and good luck!
                            Anubisa

Comment

I'm a bit disappointes that it's not called Novel November instead of National Novel Writing month. It's not national anymore but international and it's not just some random month but November.
                              ...and the most important thing: then it could be called NoNo. Which kind of sums up the spirit of it.
                              baah.

Comment

Working...
                              X