Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lose your electronics:How much would you hurt if the goodies went away?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lose your electronics:How much would you hurt if the goodies went away?

I do pretty well. I have T-Mobile which is absolute crap in rural areas. When I did the A.T. this year I had no signal on the Trail until Marion, Virginia. I had tonrely on free WiFi every week or so when I got into towns. So, I literally had to walk 530 miles to find signal. And that signal only lasted a day. Didn't have signal again until Maryland.

Comment

while its not necessary, it does making things easier...

...I mean, I just found a free physics textbook--http://motionmountain.com/ in my jammies on my couch
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Yeh,sometimes the interweb is great when you are not trolling for pron...
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

How much would it hurt me?

I was glad to be free of my phone for a month. My wife was practically pulling her hair out!
          I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
          Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
          But that day you know I left my money
          And I thought of you only
          All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Would I be sad to lose my computer and interwebs? Yes. Very muchly so :'C

Then again maybe I'd be less distracted and would actually be more productive.

Phone wise I have a Windows Phone, it's not like it has any useful apps on it anyway so I won't be missing much. I'd probably just laugh at all the apple peeps crying that they no longer have Snapchat ;P

Go Go Origen!

I'm always looking for new and cool book and food recommendations, feel free to message me ;P

Comment

My phone has been turned off for 2 weeks now. I don't miss it. It's always been more of an alarm clock and an actual phone for me to get in touch with doctors, employers, and other adult things.

I assume you mean how would I cope if I unplugged for everything outside of making a living/maintaining a job/education purposes. Because honestly, without the connectivity I would probably be struggling to survive.

As far as the entertainment value... I'm not sure I would be able to even scratch the surface of unwinding after a hard day without certain tv shows, movies, ebooks (yes, I adore my ereader), and music.

If forced, I would adjust. That adjustment would probably involve copious amounts of alcohol and staring at the sky like a zombie for a long while.

Comment

I think as far as surviving, for a lot of us it would matter what everyone else is doing. Like, I could earn a living without the Internet without changing careers if no one else had the Internet. I'd just start knocking on newspaper doors and submitting stories by mail like I would have 20-30 years ago. But if everyone else had the Internet, that would put me at a serious disadvantage.

Comment

All the work I do is freelance writing, and I communicate and publish solely electronically. I would be totally fished without electronics.
                  Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I Would have to get a typewriter - seriously that's the only major differance to me
                    I read for entertainment most of the time, but I have a 'minor' disability due Meningitis as an 8 month old -this means I write messily and VERY slowly (most 8yo are faster and neater) So I'd need a typewriter for my writing and Uni work.

Comment

I've been avoiding this topic. It's threatening. I could live without my phone for probably a week and be fine because I hardly use it unless I am calling into work or calling my father, mother, or brother. Every now and then I'll have contact with a friend. I seriously only have 20 or less Contacts.

As for the computer... no. I would feel lost. I have more creative endeavors lately and am getting back into my fitness routine, but... it's hard just thinking about it... (as I open a New Tab to listen to music).

Seriously, I would probably go to bed earlier, draw more, play guitar more, and get out of my house more. It would improve my life in so many ways if I just put down the screen and explored my life more. My excuse is work. I am so tired and mentally drained afterwards I just like to watch a few shows (or half a season...) check the forums, and mess around Arachne's technological weave.

Comment

I find the internet can be a bit addictive but I don't have a mobile phone and I don't want one, I can't bear the nasty wee things! I think I might be closet Luddite actually.
                        Once a man, like the sea I raged;
                        Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
                        And there is in fact more earth than sea.
                        Genesis lyric

Comment

Working...
                        X