Stupid/Uneducated Things You've Heard This Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stupid/Uneducated Things You've Heard This Week

“A lot of people who go into prison straight, and when they come out they’re gay.”

Comment

Forgive me if its been mentioned, but that one North Carolina town rejecting solar panels because "they'd suck up all the energy from the sun," is one of the stupidest things I've heard in my entire life, much less today or this week.

Comment

"Are you a Catholic?"
        Once a man, like the sea I raged;
        Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
        And there is in fact more earth than sea.
        Genesis lyric

Comment

^Reminds me of a discussion I once had:
          Friend: "So, are you Jewish or Christian?"
          Me: "Neither."
          Friend: "Oh, I see. You're a Communist!"

(I used to tell communist jokes about myself so it really isn't that "stupid/uneducated" but still some priceless logic there...)
          baah.

Comment

^Reminds me of a discussion I once had:
            Friend: "So, are you Jewish or Christian?"
            Me: "Neither."
            Friend: "Oh, I see. You're a Communist!"
            There's a joke I heard from Northern Ireland:
            First person: "I'm an atheist, you know."
            Second person: "Oh really? Catholic atheist or Protestant atheist?"
            Once a man, like the sea I raged;
            Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
            And there is in fact more earth than sea.
            Genesis lyric

Comment

"If we keep all the towelheads and Chaldeans and porchmoneys out of this country, everything will be better". My first thought: are you bloody kidding me? My second thought: ...you have no idea what a Chaldean is, do you?
              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

You don't have this mental disorder because you don't act like it.
                "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by EndlessCravings View Post
                  You don't have this mental disorder because you don't act like it.
                  I got a variation of that last week: "Do you work?" "No, I'm on disability." "Well, you don't look like it."
                  Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                    I got a variation of that last week: "Do you work?" "No, I'm on disability." "Well, you don't look like it."
                    People these days, huh? I'm sure they wouldn't like stereotyping if it was used against them.
                    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

My grandfather is by no means stupid or uneducated but sometimes he says things that are, he's still not speaking to me because I argued with him when he said "Climate change is bogus, it's an anti capitalist movement against the coal industry." I should have just let it go...
                      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

A (sort-of) co-worker: Everyone is mean to me because they are ***holes.

(ummmm, no, they are grudgingly polite to you because YOU are an ***hole)

Same co-worker: I applied for ________ job. I have X, X, X experience. If someone else gets it, I'm going to EO, because I'm the most experienced.

(ummmmm, 1) your work ethic stinks, 2) that experience is not relevant to the job you applied to, 3) you have no way of knowing who is or is not more experienced than you, and 4) I totally am not surprised that you are the sort of person to go to EO for not being selected for a position that you are neither qualified for nor have experience doing)

Same co-worker again: ____________ doesn't like me because I'm better at this than he is.

(ummmmmm...no, they don't like you because you sit on your *** and ***** about how you do all the work, when in reality they run their *** off doing their job and yours)

...I've only been here a week, and I already have that figured out...
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Wait,I know,or knew that person...or someone very near like them...must just be something in every work place.
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                            Wait,I know,or knew that person...or someone very near like them...must just be something in every work place.
                            That guy/gal is everywhere. Everywhere. Its never their fault. They have no concept of personal accountability and responsibility. Everyone is always out to get them. Nevermind that, more often than not, they bring it on themselves.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X