Religious items behaving badly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Religious items behaving badly

Have you ever had an experience with shrine equipment, statues, or other religious paraphernalia acting oddly? What happened? How did you react? Did you ever figure out what it was? I've seen a thread like this on another forum and found it interesting; I'd love to hear of your experiences here!

I'll start us off:

There's this candle holder I have which has small figures of Sekhmet, Anpu, and Khonsu holding was scepters with their backs to the central column. One day while I was meditating at my shrine, Khonsu's hand--the one holding the staff--shot off and flew across the room! Just... peaceful, quiet, serene and then POW! Scared the heck out of me, and for a while I kept trying to figure out what Khonsu was trying to say by that. What did it mean?!

Then I calmed down and realized that there was a sunbeam which was shining down in a narrow ray on that figure's hand. Probably, the light superheated the hand while the rest of the statue remained cool, and the expansion of the material in the hand caused it to break off and fly across the room rather dramatically. I laughed at myself and glued the hand back on. Now I find the whole experience amusing.
    With kind regards,
    Banu

Re: Religious items behaving badly

Maybe the Sun was asking for a great big statue
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Things do happen, and some seem to be more than coincidence. For example, when I first painted a statue of Asklepios, I gave him a red robe because I'd read that he was associated with that colour. I kept getting a nagging feeling that something was wrong. Eventually, I read that almost everyone who'd had a vision of him had described him as dressed in white. So I asked him if he cared about such things and wanted his image to be repainted, and I did a divination: the answer was "yes". Three coats of white paint later, the nagging feeling went.

Also, sometimes things happen at the right time. Last Heliogenna, the Sun only came out for a couple of minutes all day: just while I was singing the hymn to Helios. Last February, my local shops only had narcissi for sale on the one day when I needed them for an offering to Persephone; I'd expected to have to make do with daffodils.

Comment

Originally posted by magusphredde View Post
        Maybe the Sun was asking for a great big statue
        LOL, a great big statue it can fire the fist off of and punch me in the face? No thank you! Wrong way to ask. Anyway, Khonsu's more of a moon god.

Originally posted by DavidMcCann View Post
        Things do happen, and some seem to be more than coincidence. For example, when I first painted a statue of Asklepios, I gave him a red robe because I'd read that he was associated with that colour. I kept getting a nagging feeling that something was wrong. Eventually, I read that almost everyone who'd had a vision of him had described him as dressed in white. So I asked him if he cared about such things and wanted his image to be repainted, and I did a divination: the answer was "yes". Three coats of white paint later, the nagging feeling went.

Also, sometimes things happen at the right time. Last Heliogenna, the Sun only came out for a couple of minutes all day: just while I was singing the hymn to Helios. Last February, my local shops only had narcissi for sale on the one day when I needed them for an offering to Persephone; I'd expected to have to make do with daffodils.
        I love when stuff like that happens! It's the details, the synchronicities which really make a religious experience magical.
        With kind regards,
        Banu

Comment

Mostly, my experiences with religious items behaving badly are limited to my cards and runes only reading what amounted to, no, not gunna tell you anything, you haven't paid us any attention in the last season. Connecting with them and carrying them everywhere with me for a month helped with that, and I keep them in an area of my house that I'm in for a lot of each day now. All my readings are clear now.

Comment

I constantly drop things in my Work Room (where I do all my pagany stuff), and in really silly ways. I attribute this to Loki, whom I accidentally kind of accidentally caught the attention of and I'm not sure what to do with it. I just sigh and tell Him thank you.
            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Spank your items! Teach them who's the boss!

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
                Spank your items! Teach them who's the boss!
                They'll just enjoy it.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Discipline through reward then!

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
                    Discipline through reward then!
                    Nah. It just makes brats. Denial of spanking is better discipline.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                      Nah. It just makes brats. Denial of spanking is better discipline.
                      Sometimes...
                      The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                      I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                        Sometimes...
                        Well, I've derailed this thread enough, so I'll just say if you wanna send me a long, slow PM...

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                        X