Therapy Helps People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Therapy Helps People

This is my take on therapy. I believe that therapy helps people. It helps people what their mental problems are and the therapist helps his/her problems. I don't agree with people who doesn't believe or against therapy thinks it's a waste of time with all the psychological terms that therapist used to talk to patients. I been going different types of therapy for almost my entire life from child therapy to adult therapy and therapy helps me a lot. That's my take on therapy. What's your take on this topic?

Re: Therapy Helps People

To me the object of therapy is to get a person to the point where they don't need it any more ...
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Originally posted by magusphredde View Post
      To me the object of therapy is to get a person to the point where they don't need it any more ...
      Of course that is the ideal, but lets be realisitic--depending on the type of therapy in question and the specific challenges of the person in question, that might not be possible. There are some conditions where a person will likely be on and out of therapies and treatment their entire life. Many "psychological" conditions have their root in biological conditions, which may be treatable, but never truly go away.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

true ... biology has a funny way of presenting itsself sometimes ...
        I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Working...
        X