Felt like heart stopped this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Felt like heart stopped this morning

I could really use any prayer or energy anyone has to share. This morning after I stood up for about a minute, and suddenly felt like my heart stopped beating, then like I was suffocating, and my vision went blurry. the episode lasted about 5 seconds and I saw a doctor, and am going to see one again this monday. Overall doctors are thinking it might be my heart that's the overall issue. I don't know what's going on, whether I'm near the end or whether I'll get over this, but any help would be so greatly appreciated.

Re: Felt like heart stopped this morning

Sending positive energy your way!
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Aye, my prayers are with you! Good luck!

Go Go Origen!

I'm always looking for new and cool book and food recommendations, feel free to message me ;P

Comment

Might ask Duce about how it felt when she had a heart thing.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Sent some positive energy . Also, that description exactly matched what my aunt described when one of her ovarian cysts ruptured, so you might want to check that out. Those sorts of problems can mimic ones with the heart.

Comment

Standing up too fast CAN pull some of the blood from the brain causing light headedness as we as causing some of the autonomic system (breathing and heartbeat) to "hiccup"
            I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

May we have an update? How are you feeling now?
              “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I'm sending healing prayers your way

Comment

Thank you guys so much. As for an update, I went to the ER twice on saturday, they sent me home with some Ativan, and my doctor wants me to taper off of the antidepressants I've been taking entirely (Effexor). At the time the incident occurred, I was taking 3 quarters of a 37.5mg tablet, and now I'm down to just one quarter. My symptoms overall have still been kind of unsteady, I have to move slower so that my heart rate doesn't elevate too quickly. I already had to miss two days of work.

Just this morning some of the more severe symptoms started popping up, including having a 117 pulse rate at rest, and when I stand my pulse increases even further and my heart starts pounding heavily. I called my doctor to check on things, see if there's anything I should do, and see if I should take another day off work. Tomorrow I'm going in to get a 48 hour holter monitor, which will monitor my heart during that time and see if there's any abnormalities. Finance wise, I might have to take out a short term disability loan, because missing this much work is already putting me close to red, and if I have to miss today (which I think I will) then I'll be in financial trouble. So I'm really unsure about the future, but I'm just taking it day by day and doing my best to make things right.

Comment

Anti depressant can have some nasty side effects..Long time back I was on paxil and the side effects made it VERY hard to stay on them.

as an example of side effects.
                    Common side effects of Paxil include:

Headache
                    Dizziness
                    Weakness
                    Difficulty concentrating
                    Nervousness
                    Forgetfulness
                    Confusion
                    Extreme tiredness
                    Nausea or vomiting
                    Diarrhea
                    Constipation
                    Gas
                    Stomach pain
                    Heartburn
                    Changes in ability to taste food
                    Decreased appetite
                    Changes in sex drive or ability
                    Dry mouth
                    Sweating
                    Yawning
                    Sensitivity to light
                    Tightness in the throat
                    Back pain or pain in the muscles, bones, or other parts of the body
                    Tenderness or swelling of joints
                    Muscle weakness or tightness
                    Flushing
                    Sore teeth and gums
                    Strange dreams
                    Painful or irregular menstruation

Serious side effects can also occur. If you have any of these side effects, stop taking paroxetine and call your doctor right away:

Blurry vision
                    Hallucinations (seeing and hearing things that do not exist)
                    Fainting
                    Rapid, pounding, or irregular heartbeat
                    Chest pain
                    Trouble breathing
                    Seizures
                    Abnormal bleeding or bruising
                    Tiny red spots directly under the skin
                    Peeling or blistering of skin
                    Signs of infection, such as sore throat, fever, chills, and cough
                    Unsteady walking
                    Sudden involuntary muscle twitching or jerking
                    Numbness or tingling in your hands, feet, arms, or legs
                    Frequent urination
                    More difficult or painful urination
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Apparently I tapered off a little too quick, so they advised me to take another quarter of a pill (up to one half) and continue that for a week, and taper down again to a quarter and stay on that for a week. Hopefully that makes things a little easier, but I know that's not the entirety of the issue, since it's been going on since before I started antidepressants, just not to this level. I'll try going to work today and see how things play out then.

Comment

I wish you good luck. I hope you recover soon

Comment

Thinking of you, Tox.

Comment

I'm glad you are getting this looked at. I know how scary it can be to have your heart, of all things, go haywire on you out of the blue. Then the shock and panic attacks make it worse. I've spent nights listening to my heartbeat till I'm freaked out enough to just pass out in fear.
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                            X