Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nazi gold train

Hey everyone,

Here is a news article about a Nazi gold train investigation going on in Poland: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...h1t?li=AAa0dzB. I'm looking forward to see what will become of this. I hope they find something from the site. According to the article the site has been under police watch since August. So I hope they keep us updated on the project.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Re: Nazi gold train

Then comes everybody making claims for all the art and gold...should get settled around 2040..after going through world courts
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      Then comes everybody making claims for all the art and gold...should get settled around 2040..after going through world courts
      Actually there are usually pretty good records of who those things belonged to. The Nazis were evil, but they were very efficient record keepers. Things get messy and drawn out when things were later sold and re-sold to various owners over the years, but when they just discover something hidden out of the blue, it's usually pretty easy to sort out.

Comment

Yea,I remember watching History about the Camps,and they had detailed records of every prisoner,and even how they were killed. I mean keeping records of the amount of poison gas per death kinda.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Yeah, they kept some pretty horrific details.

They seized a LOT of property and a lot of it simply got tossed into piles or warehouses. They confiscated everything and anything, whether it was shoes or priceless paintings. When things got more valuable, the records tended to get better. There would be records describing when the item was taken, where it was housed after it was taken until it was lost, etc. There are also often records listing who things were taken from. Usually, finding who something belongs/belonged to isn't the challenging part of the process, and it is fairly easy to strike down fraudulent claims. The tricky parts usually come down to a) finding the rightful property owners or their descendants or b) sorting out multiple valid clams (usually when there are several possible descendants or the property in question was sold by the Nazis....in that case it gets pretty messy).

Comment

They kept good records and tried to burn them all before the U.S. and Russia and others found out what they did. However, they didn't burn them all because we still have papers from War World II. So I think they can get some of whatever it is in there returned to the countries.
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
            X