Charging a crystal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charging a crystal

I cleanse everything I use in my spiritual practice. It's not about changing the objects; it's about wiping away any negativity that someone else may have put on it.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Salt is a crystal, and I know most people cleanse their salt and charge it for magical work before using it in ritual. Why would you not cleanse and charge a quartz crystal or other stone?
      The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
      I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        Only if you believe that a group of minerals that have condensed and precipitated, been sitting in the ground getting smooshed for a couple million years before being ripped out of the ground, chipped up and (maybe) tumbled smooth or carved, shipped through various warehouses, and stuck in a bunch of bins for small children to paw through has a thinking and conscious spirit.

Personally, that's nonsense. Its like saying that once I've pulled the carrot out of the ground, cut off the top, peeled it, and cooked it, and eaten it, it still has the spirit of the carrot in it.
        Incidentally, this ^ is why I find that a lot of tumbled stones are 'dead'. To me, the 'spirit' in the stones is a residue of the original landspirit from where it came (or sometimes one that's moved in, because stones tend to make good spirit houses), and they don't always retain it, especially after the processes that Thalassa describes here.

Comment

I think the primary difference is a matter of specific religious path; I'm of the belief that everything that comprises a distinct entity has a personal spirit, but you have a different view, so I won't argue.

In terms of the 'shower' analogy, I also have to disagree; so called positive energy and negative energy are both still energy, so I would say that a more proper anology would involve two living things. Furthermore, negative energy isn't, in my conception, innately 'bad', it just happens to be opposed to us, from our perspective. If you were a satanist, you may very well consider what I and you call negative energy to be positive. A better anology would likely be with a male and female angler fish. The male angler fish attaches itself to the female, and essentially melts into her in the process of fertilization, leaving behind it's sperm producing organs. Would it then be right for me to cut off those sperm producing organs, just because they happen to be different from the rest of the body? What if I wanted to remove very trace of the male angler fish, including it's incorporated body; it would leave a gaping hole. I think the problem here is that we have a fundamentally different conception about what we're talking about. Dust and dirt are fundamentally different from what they are 'on'; they aren't just a different type of what they are attached to.

Also, I know what amoral means; it implies that something is done without regard for a moral system, in this case mine. It is not used to imply that something is fundamentally wrong and bad. Immoral would imply actively and knowingly defying my moral system, which they also happened to possess, which I doubt people that cleanse crystals are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Herbert View Post
            In terms of the 'shower' analogy, I also have to disagree; so called positive energy and negative energy are both still energy, so I would say that a more proper anology would involve two living things. Furthermore, negative energy isn't, in my conception, innately 'bad', it just happens to be opposed to us, from our perspective. If you were a satanist, you may very well consider what I and you call negative energy to be positive. A better anology would likely be with a male and female angler fish. The male angler fish attaches itself to the female, and essentially melts into her in the process of fertilization, leaving behind it's sperm producing organs. Would it then be right for me to cut off those sperm producing organs, just because they happen to be different from the rest of the body? What if I wanted to remove very trace of the male angler fish, including it's incorporated body; it would leave a gaping hole. I think the problem here is that we have a fundamentally different conception about what we're talking about. Dust and dirt are fundamentally different from what they are 'on'; they aren't just a different type of what they are attached to.
            If you read my posts again, you'll notice that I haven't actually used the term 'negative energy' anywhere. That's because I don't believe in 'positive' and 'negative' energy. Those are complete misnomers and I don't think they have any place when talking about energy work at all. I use the terms 'dissonant', 'harmful' and 'unwanted' because they have very specific definitions... harmful energy is energy that is causing some sort of harm to you. It's actually not a reflection of the nature of the energy itself, but the effect it is having on you.

I understand completely what you are trying to say here, but I think that you are not understanding what we are trying to say. The reason I use a shower and dusting analogy rather than your flawed angler fish analogy is that the male angler is not harmful, so why would I want to get rid of him?I'll repeat, this is not about something being different than you, it's about the effect that it is having on you. It's completely irrelevant whether that thing is different to you or a different form of what you are. What matters is the effect it has on you. Dust may not be harmful to you, but I have hayfever and dust makes me sneeze and get itchy eyes. Therefore it is harmful to me as it is causing an unnecessarily overactive histamine response from my immune system, which causes pain and discomfort that serves no useful biological purpose. That's harmful. Stress can be beneficial up to a point, but as a person who works in a very high stress industry, I know all too well that there comes a point where stress is incredibly harmful. Therefore it's important to de-stress and cleanse yourself of stressful energy at the end of the day, lest you become mentally and physically ill from it.

Let me use an analogy that is a little closer to what you are trying to communicate here. Astral nasties. An astral nasty is an opportunistic, non-corporeal energetic entity that latches on to your non-corporeal energy body. It is made up of the same stuff that your energy body is made up of, it is just a different form of that living energy. If you like, we can make this particular astral nasty an egregore formed from all the hatred and resentment that you (hypothetically) hold for your boss. Therefore it is not only a different form you, but it actually came from you. This astral nasty has latched onto your energy body, and it's sucking away at you. It makes you feel tired, drained, and is creating a feedback loop where all the hatred and resentment you feel is being amplified and fed back to you. Your stress levels increase and you reach breaking point. You quit your job and go and find another one. But even though the initial trigger is gone, you still have this astral nasty attached to you, so you start feeling hatred and resentment for your new boss, who isn't actually doing anything particularly wrong. Do you cleanse this astral nasty off yourself so that you can get on with your great new job and head off a useless and harmful depressive episode? Or do you allow it to continue sucking you dry simply because it is just different form of you and removing it would be wiping a spirit clean?

To bring this all back to crystals and the OP (though it's still off topic as the OP was about charging crystals, not cleansing them), you'll notice that in my very first post I mentioned that not all crystals require cleansing, because not all crystals actively absorb energy from around them. Therefore it's not necessary to cleanse the majority of crystals, because environmental energy is not harmful to them. However, some crystals actively absorb energy from around them. Malachite will absorb and amplify the energy from around it, irrespective of what sort of energy it is or the effect it has on living beings around it. Therefore, careful management and regular cleansing of Malachite crystals is warranted, or you'll potentially end up more stressed than you were before because your Malachite crystal is merrily amplifying the stressful energies that it interacts with. On the other hand, Black Tourmaline is very good at grounding whatever energy surrounds it, so there's no real need to cleanse it.

Comment

You're perfectly right about it being off topic, and I apologize for contributing to an off topic discussion. I don't believe you and I can come to agreement in this case, due to fundamental perception and theological differences, and a debate becomes an argument when it ceases to be about changing the others viewpoint.

Comment

Working...
              X