Knot Magick to Assist in Chemical Detox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knot Magick to Assist in Chemical Detox

I take a number of medications on a daily basis to help with various ailments, one of which is chronic pain. I've been on a steady pain management regimen for several years now. Sometimes I can't line up my refills with my next appointments and thus go into a forced detox for a few days or a week, which is absolutely horrible - the sickness, shakes, insane cravings that make you want to go find a street dealer, and general inability to relax. I hate it. Not to mention the pain for which the treatment is intended.

Anyway, I recently had the pleasure of reading Mrs. Penry's book on Knot Magic, so I thought I'd see if I could develop a working to ease my suffering until my next appointment. And it absolutely worked! I'm 7 days into detox now and have experience very few negative side effects - no nausea, slightly upset stomach but not losing water, and am generally relaxed.

It's very simple: I took two chords - one I keep on my person and the other I destroyed. In the one on my person I have two knots: one to bind the craving, and one to bind the physical side effects (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, etc).

On the other chord I tied three knots, binding anxiety, lethargy, and depression. Intuition told me to burn this one rather than keep it.

Easiest detox I've ever had. My prescription gets filled in two days. Were it not that I'd be hobbling on cane until I could afford surgery I'd just forego it at this point.

Thank you, Mrs Penry!

Re: Knot Magick to Assist in Chemical Detox

Great to hear!

In my experience, magic works quite well on pain.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

thank you Hickory! Sorry to hear about your forced detox though - never pleasant, and hope you get the prescription sorted very soon. Blessings, Tylluan :-)
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Totally off topic, but If you're in a state that offers medical marijuana, I'd seriously look into it. The taboo that comes around with this nonpharmaceutical is slowly fading into ignorant chatter, it'll truly help with nausea and some types of pains, as well as anxiety and stress. I'm not some hippie druggie, I'd say go and do some real research from documented trials and testing, but instead of all these unnatural, addictive substances you're consuming to help your ailments, you may be one easy prescription away from never feeling the negative effects ever again
        "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
        And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
        They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
        The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
        - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
          Totally off topic, but If you're in a state that offers medical marijuana, I'd seriously look into it. The taboo that comes around with this nonpharmaceutical is slowly fading into ignorant chatter, it'll truly help with nausea and some types of pains, as well as anxiety and stress. I'm not some hippie druggie, I'd say go and do some real research from documented trials and testing, but instead of all these unnatural, addictive substances you're consuming to help your ailments, you may be one easy prescription away from never feeling the negative effects ever again
          My state is legalizing it, but my employer (DoD) hasn't changed it's policy to accommodate that. I'd be all over it otherwise.

Comment

When it come to MM, while it's worth looking into, it's.not without risks or problems, and some of the hype is exaggerated compared to actual results, particularly when you look at long term large studies. As an example, marijuana use can cause excited delirium in epileptics...
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

also - be aware that some people have serious reactions to Marajuana. I've tried it 3 times - all more than a decade ago - and every time I've used it when I've described it's effects to my friends, or my friends who were there asked me what it was like, apparently I was reacting as if I'd had a serious hit of LSD. So there are outlier reactions to it you may need to be cautious of.

Comment

I smoked a lot of weed in my youth, so no ill side effects. I'll retire in just a few years, so I'll be free to partake once again, and most likely will. I'd like to reduce the number of medications I rely on anyway, and it will probably be helpful in achieving that goal.

Comment

Working...
                X