Would You Eat Human If Given The Chance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would You Eat Human If Given The Chance

No. I wouldn't. Not just for the sake of trying it. If it was a case of survival, probably. But just because I got a chance? I'm normally extremely curious, bit this would be a big no.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Nope. I know what humans take into their bodies, and imagine the flavor would be badly influenced by that.

Besides, it's icky.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

My family and particularly my brother (I'll call him Joe) and I spent a lot of time backpacking deep in the wilderness areas of the Cascades and Olympics. Joe and I discussed what we would do in a situation where there was no food available and one of us died. We decided that under those conditions it would be wrong to let the nutrition go to waste. If my body could save another's life then I would expect them to use it after I died. To eat human meat under any "normal" situation is not something I would do. I have eaten a lot of things that are "exotic" or not normally considered "food". I have eaten monkey, at an annual dinner put on to raise money for a local organization. There was all kinds of meats from all over the world. Snake, big cat, monkey, wild boar, and several other kinds of reptiles and birds were on the menu. Monkey is a sweet meat, dark and very lean. It took me a while to try it because it was cooked on a rotisserie and it honestly looked like a very small child. I did finally overcome the visual and try it. I would rather eat salmon but if I was hungry there is very little that I could not eat. I have eaten insects, grubs, slugs, lizards, snakes and the inner bark of different trees just to prove to myself that I could. Some of it is pretty good while others are just nutritious.
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Only if they were a vegetarian and ate a lotta fruits ... What you eat favors the meat (don't like bear that has eaten fish) ... Gotta have some fried onions for the liver and potatoes for the roast ...
          I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

There was a Dutch television show that did mostly fun, but also interesting sciency tests. The two hosts of the show wanted to know what human meat would taste like. It made international news. This is the video, but it is in Dutch, so I'll summarize the hightlights for those who are interested.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

17:45 they are undergoing surgery to remove a little bit of their own flesh (WARNING: blood is shown, so skip that part if you don't want to see that)
            The surgeon removed a little of their 'bacon' and a small muscle tissue.
            27:20 their meats are being cooked
            31:30 they are eating each others meat
            Their conclusion: They started with the muscle tissue. They said it's a little strange at first, but it tastes just like normal meat. It actually tasted pretty good. A little like steak. If someone would have told them it was steak, they would have believed it. They didn't like the bacon part as much as the other piece though.

I really like this show. This particular episode was just crazy XD but very amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrudr View Post
              There was a Dutch television show that did mostly fun, but also interesting sciency tests. The two hosts of the show wanted to know what human meat would taste like. It made international news. This is the video, but it is in Dutch, so I'll summarize the hightlights for those who are interested.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

17:45 they are undergoing surgery to remove a little bit of their own flesh (WARNING: blood is shown, so skip that part if you don't want to see that)
              The surgeon removed a little of their 'bacon' and a small muscle tissue.
              27:20 their meats are being cooked
              31:30 they are eating each others meat
              Their conclusion: They started with the muscle tissue. They said it's a little strange at first, but it tastes just like normal meat. It actually tasted pretty good. A little like steak. If someone would have told them it was steak, they would have believed it. They didn't like the bacon part as much as the other piece though.

I really like this show. This particular episode was just crazy XD but very amusing.
              I looked it up. They later stated that the entire thing was a hoax, intent on trying to draw attention to organ donation.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                I looked it up. They later stated that the entire thing was a hoax, intent on trying to draw attention to organ donation.
                No that was something else called 'the big donorshow'. That was to encourage people to become donors. This is real.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrudr View Post
                  No that was something else called 'the big donorshow'. That was to encourage people to become donors. This is real.
                  Huh. Seems that there were only one or two articles that claimed it was a hoax. Anyway ...

Yeah, I'd try it. Supposedly there are some spanish documents that states the Aztecs would not accept gifts of pigs from the conquistadors after sampling it because it tasted too much like human flesh from their rituals. I've thought about it a number of times, in fact. There are millions of people starving, and yet there are 55 million people who die each year. That seems like a waste of viable resources to have stave off hunger in some places. Granted, it's a stretch and certain organs can cause insanity (like the brain), but if it's your only option, chew away.

So, if it came down to that, would a Kosher Jew only be able to eat another Kosher Jew?

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                    So, if it came down to that, would a Kosher Jew only be able to eat another Kosher Jew?
                    Not Jewish, but I'm sure god would understand if you were starving to death eating something not Kosher. Humans don't violate kosher laws anyway, I'm pretty sure (we don't have cloven hooves, don't chew cud, and we don't eat carrion).
                    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

OK so - I read the above about The Big Donor Show and all I could think was The Big Donner Party.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Way to much time on your hands Hawk...
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

It came to my mind in a nanosecond. Someone said that same thing when I said I know the solar trajectory over a year regarding how light looks in my house. It's just being observant and interested, not something I study or devote thought to.
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I barely eat meat and I'm not big on even stuff like dog and money, etc...so I doubt it
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't eat pork because I consider pigs too intelligent to be eaten, so...

Comment

I eat pork in the hope it will make me smart and stuff.
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X