Your creative side,how do you cope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your creative side,how do you cope?

I think we all have creative urges,some have the ability to create things,others do not,BUT still the pull to be creative.

So,what do you feel and how would you deal with your creative urges?
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Your creative side,how do you cope?

I'm beyond miserable if I'm not doing something creative. I love photography and painting, and I've started making jewelry recently. But my heart beats for telling stories - I write, I sing, I act. So right now I've taken some time off from being reasonable to try and see if I can live from it. For me it's a need, I don't function properly without lots of creativity. I don't cope very well with it, to be honest. Can't supress it at all.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I enjoy drawing. I don't think my pictures are too good, but I don't care. Sometimes I just have a picture in my head and I have to draw it to get it out. I also don't care what others think of my drawings. As long as I enjoy myself through those creative urges

Comment

There are so many ways to be creative that you can be creative doing almost anything. Insert a bit of imagination, a little mental work, and poof! you are being creative.
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I get very agitated and more than bit crazy if I don't write. So, I write. I'm lucky enough to have sold a few pieces as well, so I keep writing and try to keep selling. The hard part is discipline. Just like any other skill, you need constant work and practice to get better. And I get lazy about that/
          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I write and play songs. I write way more than I ever have the time (or enjoyment) of putting music to, though. I also am a fan of sigils and use the method of automatic drawing for nothing more than releasing my brain on paper, minus the blood and brains.

I like to get creative with exercise and change my routine every session, otherwise it is monotonous and draining. Sometimes stress either kills my urges or makes me super creative because I get all sorts of lyrics and images that I need to get out. I'm not the best artist (I love to draw when I am doing it, but I don't do it that often), but my mind is in constant flux of ideas and inspirations. I'm always talking to myself and creativity helps get it out.

Comment

Sometimes it is shear boredom or wanting to be alone. Many times it seems like it comes from pure anger. I have created some really cool shit in very very bad moods. For example, I was a contractor with no employees and at times it was like the whole world was out to get me and I would just walk off the job, turn off my phone, stock up on vices and start being creative at home for days on end. I also have boxes of note books full of inventions and ideas that no one ever sees or cares to I bet.

Comment

Right now my creative outlet is my podcast and site. I'm a decent writer and I was the Editor-in-Chief of my high school paper, but I haven't written anything fiction for quite a while.
                Come geek out with me and my buddies on The Bizzarp! Podcast - new episodes every Friday!

"Biting my truant pen, beating myself for spite,"Fool," said my Muse to me, "look in thy heart, and write."
                - Sir Philip Sidney

Comment

My creativity comes through my writing and drawings. I paint and make jewelry, but I don't do it often. My true passion is writing. I love blogging and that is part of my creative outlet.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Well, I write and draw. Sometimes paint. I have to admit that many of my "creative" urges are just about getting "social". Publishing some stuff on DeviantArt because "it's been a while". Sometimes I do it out of boredom, not entirely sure if that could be counted as a creative urge but hey, boredom creates great ideas. Sometimes not so great.

Sometimes I have this feeling that I "have" to draw and write because when I do that, it goes surprisingly well. Normally, the chances are that I fail if I draw or write something but when the creative urge hits me I can do anything. Almost.
                    Then there are days when I'd like to create something but everything goes wrong. (Usually those days tend to be "finish that unfinished drawing" days and finishing the unfinished goes wrong so I might as well draw another next time when I feel artsy enough. It feeds itself!)
                    baah.

Comment

I used to write. And now I hate to write. I don't want to ever be in that place again where I could find words to my sorrow. I'd rather just ignore it. I know it's there. No need poking the beast.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Well I can't draw, I can't sing, I can write but its also not my thing. I don't make jewelry I really don't do anything in the traditional creative outlets. KP is the crafty and artistic one. When we have kids he will be doing all that stuff. I do like to color though. Does that count? Cause it totally should if it doesn't. In all honesty my creative release is in my food. Its the creating of new dishes. That's how I am creative. Its picking a main component and building flavor profiles, and using whats in season. Its finding new ways to prepare the ingredients, and once you've established the flavors and components its building the plate.Once its on the plate you have to make sure it works, you have to feel it, and taste it. Make sure it is executable and perfect. That's how I am creative.
                        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Food is a VERY creative thing..I myself have no real talent for creating anything,but I really do appreciate people who are creative...
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm trying to write a novel - and am doing my best not to ram my head against the wall when I look at human Stupidity and insanity ATM.
                            esp since I might be getting fired this week for someone else's stupidity and fup. on top of the "World gone mad' we have.

small beans I know but hey that's my life atm.

Comment

Depends on the itch and the end result. When I was younger I drew more, made more jewelry, made more "things" that took up space.

Now I stick to cooking, digital painting, taking photos, singing, things that don't result in added clutter to my home that I'll have to get rid of anyway to save space. I do still draw on occasion, but these days it's mostly sharks.

Comment

Working...
                              X