Westboro Baptist Church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Westboro Baptist Church

This is a rant about the Westboro Baptist Church. I'm so sick and tired of this hate group. They preach hate about people's death and the LGBT community. And don't get me started about the free speech loopholes. They always find some way to bypass the first amendment. They been their crap for years and I think that the USA should do something about it once and for all. That's all I'm going to say in this rant.

Re: Westboro Baptist Church

I want them to come to Michigan, so I can have a counter protest. A positive one. My idea would be to have people come and donate money for every fifteen minutes the WBC was there and spewing their hate. The money would go to a charity appropriate to what they were protesting (such as the Wounded Warrior Project or the Trevor Project).
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I want them to come here ... There are 2 roads in and out ... Both have bridges ...
      I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
        This is a rant about the Westboro Baptist Church. I'm so sick and tired of this hate group. They preach hate about people's death and the LGBT community. And don't get me started about the free speech loopholes. They always find some way to bypass the first amendment. They been their crap for years and I think that the USA should do something about it once and for all. That's all I'm going to say in this rant.
        They really are bunch of nutters. I don't think we have anything like that in the UK, fortunately.
        Once a man, like the sea I raged;
        Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
        And there is in fact more earth than sea.
        Genesis lyric

Comment

We do have people that are similar down her in Aus unfortunately. One of them is even an elected official (Sen. Cori Bernardi)

In Australia PETA has almost become a hate group - not even understanding WHY things like Mulesing sheep take place here ( Flystrike is FAR worse for sheep than Mulesing) The ammount of hate they've thrown at vearious groups her has made them a Watched Group

In some ways Westboro is small fries compared to the slightly less far gone groups but what makes me hate them is the fact that they make such groups seem 'Reasonable' to some people in comparison to the Westboro - that is what makes them so dangerous. The groups are often no more reasonable than Westboro, just less stupid

And we have the usual religious nuts . I remember when my partner had to have a medical abortion for several reasons ( mental health, contraindicated medication (inc. contraception BTW), and the fact that the fetus was killing her physically as well) we had to wade through a group of 100 or so anti-abortion fanatics, two of whom tried to assault her. I was not moderate in defending her. the kept quoting the bible at me and before I went in (covering her and my mother I remember throwing back in their teeth judge not lest you be judged and aren't you supposed to love your neighbours?). about 1/4 of them seemed to slink away at that one. Hardest decision we've ever faced.

Comment

This might amuse you:

Landover Baptist Church's, Pastor Deacon Fred, visits Bubba's Farm on the East Perimeter of Freehold, Iowa County to investigate signs of possible pre-Hallo...
            Once a man, like the sea I raged;
            Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
            And there is in fact more earth than sea.
            Genesis lyric

Comment

Utter, complete, lunatics. I feel sorry for the children born into that cult.

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                I want them to come to Michigan, so I can have a counter protest. A positive one. My idea would be to have people come and donate money for every fifteen minutes the WBC was there and spewing their hate. The money would go to a charity appropriate to what they were protesting (such as the Wounded Warrior Project or the Trevor Project).
                I like your idea. Yea it is pretty messed up when your so called Christian church is hated by even the notorious ultra right wing KKK.

Comment

Working...
                X