Looking for help replacing my ritual knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for help replacing my ritual knife

Hey - hope this is the right place to post this.

I lost my ritual knife when my last housemate moved out about 2 years ago and have been using an interim one since - but it's never felt permanent and I'm feeling pushed to get a replacement now

And by pushed i mean pushed - I've even been getting flashes of what I should be getting

So I was wondering if anyone knew someone who did custom smithing in Australia. If not I'll have to go with something similar - but not the same as the flashes due to Australian law on knives (Single edge only)

I am just looking for some help and/or advice here - especially since the flashes and pushing are getting stronger and more frequent.

Re: Looking for help replacing my ritual knife

I can't help with the Aussie angle, but over the years I've had a number of blades that I've sought to use. I ended up settling on one made entirely of antler. There's just something comfortable about it. As for these flashes, is there a specific design you keep seeing?

Comment

A roughforged iron/steel ( The surface is pitted and black except at the edges) blade sharpened on both sides with a slight curve to the tip and a rough antler handle

Australian law would mean I couldn't import it unless it only had one edge

Comment

Do you have any places near you that do knife shows? You may find just what you're looking for there.
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Unfortunately no . Rural australia doesn't have much and where i am it's 7 hours or $180 to a capital city. I'm sorta in the middle of nowhere out here ( Although we do have a great university in town - actually that's the reason it is a town not a small community of less than 5000. I checked the antiques show when it came through but there was nothing there.

My best hope is to find a smith that does custom work. worst comes to worst I have a friend with a foot powered grindstone so I can sharpen the back edge if it's prepped for it. ( A Lot of Medieval re-enactors in town but the 3 who knew smithing left 2-4 years ago.) s

Comment

Maybe carve one out of wood in the design you are seeing. It's more of a wand, but hey, hybrids are always cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Marradin View Post
              Unfortunately no . Rural australia doesn't have much and where i am it's 7 hours or $180 to a capital city. I'm sorta in the middle of nowhere out here ( Although we do have a great university in town - actually that's the reason it is a town not a small community of less than 5000. I checked the antiques show when it came through but there was nothing there.

My best hope is to find a smith that does custom work. worst comes to worst I have a friend with a foot powered grindstone so I can sharpen the back edge if it's prepped for it. ( A Lot of Medieval re-enactors in town but the 3 who knew smithing left 2-4 years ago.) s
              I'm going to a place that has knives for sale next weekend. Maybe send me an idea of what you're looking for, and I'll see if I can find something like it.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

A roughforged iron/steel ( The surface is pitted and black except at the sharpened edges) blade sharpened on both sides with a slight curve to the tip and a rough antler handle

Australian law would mean I couldn't import it unless it only had one edge

Comment

I would check Etsy and Witchvox.

Comment

Here's a few sites that are Australian and sell knives: one, two, three, four, and five.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

How about buying an ordinary knife and customising it by yourself? I have to admit I have no idea what kind of materials and effort that would take (especially if you want an antler handle) but it might make it even more personal.
                      baah.

Comment

How about buying an ordinary knife and customising it by yourself? I have to admit I have no idea what kind of materials and effort that would take (especially if you want an antler handle) but it might make it even more personal.
                        Great idea! Try Etsy. There are a lot of custom artists there. You could probably find a knife maker.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                        X