Thanksgiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thanksgiving

I will be feeding 800 guests on Thanksgiving. We are going to pack you in and push you out!! The faster you eat the faster I get to go home! On Friday my mother and grandmother are driving up to Dallas and then we are off to Oklahoma to have Thanksgiving with my Moms family and let my Aunt show off her big new house and heated pool and hot tube. Its gonna be great.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and my husbands boy friend(his best friend) whom I work with, and I are going to Waffle House after work for our Thanksgiving.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

So is Thanksgiving like Christmas but earlier?
      Once a man, like the sea I raged;
      Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
      And there is in fact more earth than sea.
      Genesis lyric

Comment

American thing..Pilgrims celebrating a good harvest and so will survive the winter thing.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

This is a picture of the leftovers of turkey and ham that my brother and I ate on Thanksgiving yesterday.Click image for larger version

Name:	1127151033.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	353194

Comment

Originally posted by Porpoise View Post
            So is Thanksgiving like Christmas but earlier?
            Thanksgiving is about the Native Americans coming and saving the Pilgrims butts. If not for the Native Americans the colonists would not have survived the winter and as a way to show thanks they had a feast in which they all came together and shared their bounty. And then we killed off almost all of the native americans and stole their land and sent them to reservations but this is a few years later.
            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

Is nice to see the Yanks celebrate the help the Native Americans gave them in growing food and teaching fishing by giving them modified maize starch in cheap drinks but not giving a flying damn about their plights but rather just having a big expensive dinner with the family, often the extended family who you don't see most of the year and are quite happy that this is the case.

The status quo continues.
              I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
              Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
              But that day you know I left my money
              And I thought of you only
              All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Originally posted by Briton View Post
                Is nice to see the Yanks celebrate the Native Americans by not giving a flying damn about their plights but rather just having a big expensive dinner with the family, often the extended family who you don't see most of the year and drew quite happy that this is the case.

I think the world needs less of this crap right here, and more celebrating. In the past three weeks I've been blamed for slavery and now for killing native americans and sticking them on reservations. Ya know what? I'm only 40, I WASN'T ALIVE WHEN ANY OF THIS HAPPENED. Folks really need to cut the crap and get down off their soap boxes. Of course, I could easily say that it was YOUR fault for starting the slave trade and "saving Africa from the Africans" by taking the stance of "make the world British".

I thoroughly enjoyed stuffing my face until I could hardly move, spending time with my family, and being thankful that we are still able to sit and have great gatherings like that with each other. And no, not ONCE did indigenous people cross my mind, and I'm not sorry.

Comment

Funny, I never blamed you for anything in the past. In fact I didn't blame anyone for anything in the past.

Unnecessary defense, really. Considering Thanksgiving originated with Natives, they should really cross your mind once.
                  I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                  Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                  But that day you know I left my money
                  And I thought of you only
                  All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Bah humbug!
                    Once a man, like the sea I raged;
                    Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
                    And there is in fact more earth than sea.
                    Genesis lyric

Comment

I had Thanksgiving with 4 registered Seminole Indians. My Uncle and three cousins are native americans. I am and always will be thankful for my family and my heritage.

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                        I had Thanksgiving with 4 registered Seminole Indians. My Uncle and three cousins are native americans. I am and always will be thankful for my family and my heritage.
                        Best food (after grandma's) @ family Thanksgiving was always by the Navajo branch of my family...and the Romanian, Philipino, and Japanese delegations...

(I have a large, prolific, multicultural-by-marriage family...which tends to be a surprise for a bunch of rural Midwestern Bible Belt rednecks)
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                          Best food (after grandma's) @ family Thanksgiving was always by the Navajo branch of my family...and the Romanian, Philipino, and Japanese delegations...

(I have a large, prolific, multicultural-by-marriage family...which tends to be a surprise for a bunch of rural Midwestern Bible Belt rednecks)
                          I have to agree with you. The food from that side mixed with my Grandmothers is ALWAYS the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Briton View Post
                            Is nice to see the Yanks celebrate the help the Native Americans gave them in growing food and teaching fishing by giving them modified maize starch in cheap drinks but not giving a flying damn about their plights but rather just having a big expensive dinner with the family, often the extended family who you don't see most of the year and are quite happy that this is the case.

Shouldn't you be more thankful that the crazy religious people were sent out of your country instead of staying there? (And yes, I mean the Puritans, not the current crazy people, but there's a reason we have the current crazy people).
                            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                            X