night + sound = paranoia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

night + sound = paranoia

So the above is an entertaining feature of sound. It's more entertaing though when reading about it then when you're hearing random conversations at night in the back yard and the closest sign of human life other than the house is hundreds of meters away.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Re: night + sound = paranoia

On the trail, whenever I was camping by myself, every sound I heard at night was a bear, outside my tent, getting ready to eat me.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
      On the trail, whenever I was camping by myself, every sound I heard at night was a bear, outside my tent, getting ready to eat me.
      Haha I kept swearing I heard wolves outside our tent. Bears don't scare me much, but wolves work together! There were two of us and consciously, I knew there were no wolves there (they're shy where I'm from), but it didn't mean that every time I heard noises, my first response wasn't "Wolf!"

Probably didn't help that we could hear them howling in the distance allll night.

Comment

I really wish when sites and all post stuff like this, they also give the idiot's version too. I started to read this and my brain said "Um ... words. I are dumb".

Comment

It's an academic website. Its target audience has PhDs.

Comment

Believe it or not, this is something I have to know about for work (not the night time part, but the temperature inversion bit)...
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
              Believe it or not, this is something I have to know about for work (not the night time part, but the temperature inversion bit)...
              I wasn't really aware of it till last night when I toned down the "Why the hell are people wandering near my home talking on a phone at 11:30 PM?" and remembered another instance of hearing that I normally wouldn't be close enough to catch so I went looking for whether sound at night behaves oddly.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I have seen where in an apartment,one might hear something in another room that is Far away,BUT you could not hear someone talking across the room. Weird acoustics it seems.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

When I worked midnight shifts at hotels, I was always hearing all kinds of noise. I was convinced one of the hotels was haunted.
                  Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Fear breeds paranoia, preparation brings peace. Sometimes it is easier to say than do and sometimes we get surprised but you can prepare for almost anything and practice your actions in your mind. In this way your fear becomes a useful tool and you remain calm because you have "lived through it" already.
                    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Working...
                    X