Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Christian God/Gods Theories

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
    I've heard of this actually! I was thinking of purchasing a copy and going through it. Thanks for the reminder.
    Years ago I picked up a hardcover copy in the super discount bin when a local bookstore was going out of business. I should try to find it somewhere in my attic. If I can, I'll let you know and could mail it to you if you'd like.

Comment

I pm'd you. That's an extremely generous offer. Thank you
      "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
      And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
      They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
      The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
      - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        Divine clay..so your saying she was "Dirty?" I guess better than 72 virgins anyway..
        That's funny!

72 Virgins, 72 Names of God, 72 Techniques of Eagle Claw Kung Fu... and paraphrasing Peanut (Jeff Dunham's true voice), "I don't want no 72 virgins, I would rather have 72 sluts that know what the hell they're doing!"

Comment

Is worth reading what Jews say, not Christians, considering it would have been written in Hebrew, their language, after all.

Answer (1 of 20): There are two possible explanations for the plurality of the title, "Elohim". One is that the word Elohim is used in a way similar to the "royal we." The royal we is the first person plural pronouns used in reference to a singular person, like a king or a queen. The plural "we"...

Skip down to where it starts "There is an enormous difficulty..."

It gets interesting from there.
          I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
          Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
          But that day you know I left my money
          And I thought of you only
          All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Originally posted by THANK... View Post
            That's funny!

72 Virgins, 72 Names of God, 72 Techniques of Eagle Claw Kung Fu... and paraphrasing Peanut (Jeff Dunham's true voice), "I don't want no 72 virgins, I would rather have 72 sluts that know what the hell they're doing!"
            Interesting... 72 is a number that relates to the Precession of the Equinox. It takes 72 years to move one degree. As a side note we live on average 72 years.

OP - In many cultures the original God was androgynous. Also, many cosmologies are started out from wet clay and within most creation begins when everything is dark, wet, and muddy. If I'm not mistaken the Hebrew version is the only one that is dust.

Comment

Working...
            X