Dungeons And Dragons Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dungeons And Dragons Discussion Thread

This thread is for Dungeons and Dragons Discussion. If your a fan of Dungeons and Dragons, you can discussed it here. Anyway, I thought about playing the Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 edition online and so far I'm planning to created a team of good-aligned Drows. 16 characters to be exact. Here are the teams:

Fighters:

Male Drow Fighter
    Female Drow Fighter/Cleric
    Male Drow Fighter/Rogue
    Female Drow Fighter/Wizard

Clerics:

Male Drow Cleric/Fighter
    Female Drow Cleric
    Male Drow Cleric/Rogue
    Female Drow Cleric/Wizard

Rogues:

Male Drow Rogue/Fighter
    Female Drow Rogue/Cleric
    Male Drow Rogue
    Female Drow Rogue/Wizard

Wizards:

Male Drow Wizard/Fighter
    Female Drow Wizard/Cleric
    Male Drow Wizard/Rogue
    Female Drow Wizard

Any suggestion for my team of drows?

Re: Dungeons And Dragons Discussion Thread

If you're dealing with 3.5 level adjustment rules then drow primary spellcasters are suboptimal because they tend to be a level or two (I forget which) behind primary casters of equal experience from LA 0 races (humans, elves, dwarves, most gnomes, etc). They can still be dangerous but they're at a slight disadvantage that you'll need to compensate for with good choices everywhere else. Past that, get a good idea early on of what the multi-class spellcasters are gonna do. Gish builds can work but if you go at them haphazardly then you increase the odds of discovering that you have a crappy fighter who can cast weak spells instead of a good multi-class build.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Yes I'm aware that drow usually in the spellcasting class. But I just thought other classes (non-spellcasting class that is) would be better as well.

Comment

I just started a 5e game with friends, and I'm playing a Blood Elf Druid.

Before that, I played a lot of Basic Fantasy, which is essentially watered down D&D.

Comment

I heard a little about the 5th edition. Anyway about the 3.5 edition I figured about that I'm going to add many boss in the game. 8 bosses to be exact. The bosses is a male half-fiend drow fighter level 20, male half-fiend drow fighter level/rogue level 10, female half-fiend drow cleric level 20, female half-fiend drow cleric level 10/wizard level 10, male half-fiend drow rogue level 20, male half-fiend drow rogue level 10/fighter level 10, female half-fiend drow wizard level 20, female half-fiend drow wizard level 10/cleric level 10.

Comment

So....I have to ask, what is the cannon support for an all-drow good guy team?
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
              I don't understand. What do you mean thelassa?

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                Religions of good drow exist

Granted that's pre spellplague FR so it may not apply to D&D Online.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Lolth>Eilistraee

Comment

Well to answer your question thelassa I just thought it'll be a good idea to use an evil race team to be good.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
                      Lolth>Eilistraee
                      Sure. Unfortunately for Lolth, Corellon Larethian > Lolth and the direct consequence of killing Eilistraee is continueing the game only against an irate Corellon Larethian.

Comment

I need to start building my team of good drow in version 3.5. Where do I begin to start?

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                          Sure. Unfortunately for Lolth, Corellon Larethian > Lolth and the direct consequence of killing Eilistraee is continueing the game only against an irate Corellon Larethian.
                          Nah, Corellon didn't really do anything. He just kept his daughter's seat warm for a century or so. Eilistraee has returned to life, her brother too (as separate gods), and they have now agreed to a sort of alliance. If we go by Ed Greenwood's take on this, they never even actually died. Lolth must be mad now...

Comment

When did Eilistraee get back? I can find a reference to her in The Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide but I haven't seen any published material regarding her return.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                              When did Eilistraee get back? I can find a reference to her in The Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide but I haven't seen any published material regarding her return.
                              The Sword Coast Adventurer's guide describes the status quo of the Realms in year 1491 DR or so, so the information included there are valid in the current era (the book was meant as an update, after all). Eilistraee isn't only referenced, she is described as one of the deities that the drow currently worships (in the drow race section), and is among the deities that returned with the Sundering. The book says that most of the gods who were thought gone or dead have managed to come back to life with the Sundering, and the provides a list of most of the currently active gods (which includes even deities like Myrkul or Leira), but it doesn't bother to explain how most of them came back to life. So Eilistraee's back, but how she came back during the Sundering, is unknown to mortals. Sadly, this is a trend of the 5e FR: things are back, but the how of it is mostly left unexplained.

Her return had been confirmed even before the SCAG was published, though, by Ed Greenwood, in his book ''Spellstorm'', in which it is stated that Eilistraee is one of the deities with whom Mystra is currently sharing the Weave. He has also directly clarified about that, on the Candlekeep forums, saying that not only Eilistraee, but Vhaeraun too are back. The FR wiki article that was linked before in this thread includes all the known info (and sources for them).

Ed Greenwood has also offered an explanation for their return. I'll link it, but keep in mind that, while Ed's lore is normally canon, in what follows only the information regarding the post 1489DR time can be considered official (according to what he said): Candlekeep Link approved by Masked
                              Last edited by MaskedOne; 10 Dec 2015, 10:00.

Comment

Working...
                              X