Dungeons And Dragons Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dungeons And Dragons Discussion Thread

I'd always thought about doing simple in-game readings, and find a way to work it into a Bard character. Or as sort of a variant of the "deck of many things". They even have modified lists to correspond with the cards of a tarot deck.

Comment

Originally posted by Chessa View Post
      I'd always thought about doing simple in-game readings, and find a way to work it into a Bard character. Or as sort of a variant of the "deck of many things". They even have modified lists to correspond with the cards of a tarot deck.
      There's are prestige classes that specialized tarot decks. I believe it's the fortune-teller and harrower prestige class.

Comment

Huh. I don't remember seeing those in the books. Maybe if I buy the DM a taco, he'll let me make one up?

Comment

Originally posted by Chessa View Post
          Huh. I don't remember seeing those in the books. Maybe if I buy the DM a taco, he'll let me make one up?
          It's in the D&D 3.5 Pathfinder campaign.

Comment

Anyway I'm getting ready to play my third Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 game. I'm going to play a Neutral Good Male Drow Rogue but with a twist. The twist is the male Drow rogue is a child.
            Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 13 Dec 2016, 17:28.

Comment

Well I'm been playing my third Dungeons and Dragons game for 2 days now. I ask my DM if I could play a child but he wouldn't allowed it. So I'm play a full adult Male Drow Rogue. Anyway My Party and I just kill a group of demon creatures and we're going to battle some more. Finally I'm playing an active D&D 3.5 game

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                Well I'm been playing my third Dungeons and Dragons game for 2 days now. I ask my DM if I could play a child but he wouldn't allowed it. So I'm play a full adult Male Drow Rogue. Anyway My Party and I just kill a group of demon creatures and we're going to battle some more. Finally I'm playing an active D&D 3.5 game
                What's your back story? What made you leave the underdark and go journeying with a band of strangers? I like the drow. I'd consider playing one myself but I wouldn't want to make it all dark and mysterious because there's a bit of a tendency to go down the gothic path with a drow character.

I'd do something weird like grow up feeling like I was a cheery halfling born in the wrong body, or I was abandoned as a baby and raised in the Underdark by svirfneblin!
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                  What's your back story? What made you leave the underdark and go journeying with a band of strangers? I like the drow. I'd consider playing one myself but I wouldn't want to make it all dark and mysterious because there's a bit of a tendency to go down the gothic path with a drow character.

I'd do something weird like grow up feeling like I was a cheery halfling born in the wrong body, or I was abandoned as a baby and raised in the Underdark by svirfneblin!
                  You could look at my character sheet of Eric Spade to this link: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1025339

Comment

Eric Spade? That's... a novel name for a drow. Haha. I take it that was written before you weren't allowed to be a child? (Says you're 10). Glad you're enjoying the campaign so far.

The campaign I follow on Twitch, High Rollers, has a drow character. His story arch for the Shroud of Eyes (a mask) was some of DM Mark's best storytelling. My addiction to High Rollers is getting pretty bad tbh. Watched the entire series twice over on youtube already (over 30 3 hour installments so far). On the bright side, at least I don't watch minecraft let's plays anymore. I can listen to D&D streams while doing other things so it frees up my time I guess.
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                      Eric Spade? That's... a novel name for a drow. Haha. I take it that was written before you weren't allowed to be a child? (Says you're 10). Glad you're enjoying the campaign so far.

The campaign I follow on Twitch, High Rollers, has a drow character. His story arch for the Shroud of Eyes (a mask) was some of DM Mark's best storytelling. My addiction to High Rollers is getting pretty bad tbh. Watched the entire series twice over on youtube already (over 30 3 hour installments so far). On the bright side, at least I don't watch minecraft let's plays anymore. I can listen to D&D streams while doing other things so it frees up my time I guess.
                      His last name is named after a playing card suit. And his personality is based on a Knight of Swords Tarot Card. This is the first game D&D game that have been active so far. My last two games was ditched by DM because they weren't committed to keep part continuing the game.

Comment

Anyway my party and I are having a very difficult time killing a dretch and it's taking forever trying to kill this demon.
                        Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 19 Jan 2017, 15:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                          Anyway my party and I are having a very difficult time killing a dretch and it's taking forever trying to kill this demon.
                          Would it be possible to retreat and try to level up a bit first? Or do you think the DM just intended for it to be a slow battle? Just if it's taking as long as you say, it might be that your team is a bit too weak and then you run the risk of one of your characters being killed. Or at the very least, players could get bored and lose interest.

Mark, the DM for High Rollers, is usually good at matching the enemies to the team's ability, but there was one time early on when one of the members ran off and another chased after her. They ended up encountering animated armour that was intended to be faced by the entire team. The character that ran off was knocked to 0 then failed her saving throws. *poof* dead character!! Mark later said in a Q&A session that some players have to learn to pick their battles the hard way. That sometimes they assume they're invincible until they bite off more than they can chew.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, has anyone seen this D&D based TEDx talk?

I really enjoyed it! I really agree with what he says too. Just watching High Rollers, you can see the development of the players and their characters over the year. It's a beautiful thing.

Comment

We should retreat but we weren't fully prepare for it: the DM thinks it a piece of cake. Boy was he wrong about it.

Here the link of my current D&D game, The Black Shingle Fiasco: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...Shingle-Fiasco
                            Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 19 Jan 2017, 17:34.

Comment

Well we finally kill the dretch. It was a hassle but my team pull it together.

Comment

SO far my party and I are going to battle creepy deformed children. (Their have hands for a head.)

Comment

Working...
                                X