Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E-Cigarrettes: Are they safer? if so, is 'soft touch' regulation appropriate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: E-Cigarrettes: Are they safer? if so, is 'soft touch' regulation appropriate?

If people are seriously bothered by it, as Thalassa has said she is, I would prefer that people just learn and practise moderately good manners, both the smokers and non-smokers would get along.

Smokers have to be sensitive to the sensitivity others, and the non-smoker has to also extend courtesy to smokers. Most smokers would stop or move away if politely asked, but if they are treated like the Anti-Christ for smoking, they'll get nasty.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Re: E-Cigarrettes: Are they safer? if so, is 'soft touch' regulation appropriate?

I'm not gonna have a computer access til tomorrow, but I'll pull up my work info then...i think its one of the files i forwaded for the new job
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Of course I would stop if someone had asthma or allergies it bothered, but there have been cases of people who are healthy arguing with and even fighting with people who were vaping just because they don't like it, in those cases I would point out what I am doing is allowed in that space and if they don't like it take it up with the manager.

Comment

Originally posted by pillar View Post
          Of course I would stop if someone had asthma or allergies it bothered, but there have been cases of people who are healthy arguing with and even fighting with people who were vaping just because they don't like it, in those cases I would point out what I am doing is allowed in that space and if they don't like it take it up with the manager.
          A manager? I'm assuming you would be doing this at work? Can you not go 8 hours without a vape or what?
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I find vaping disagreeable on about the same level as I do strong coffee; it would be morally objectionable for me to do it, because it involves a mind altering chemical, but I don't normally care if you do it. To continue the analogy, I don't mind so long as you keep it to don't spill the coffee on me (have the vapour in my face) because it would cause burns (an asthma attack).

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              A manager? I'm assuming you would be doing this at work? Can you not go 8 hours without a vape or what?
              I mean if I'm a customer at a bar or restaurant that allows it. I'm not gonna constantly puff away and fog up the place but a few puffs with a drink or after a meal is nice.

Comment

I mean if I'm a customer at a bar or restaurant that allows it. I'm not gonna constantly puff away and fog up the place but a few puffs with a drink or after a meal is nice.
                Ahh. Well here in California we don't even have to deal with this. It's pretty much banned everywhere.

Comment

Good manners...

Remind me why I should pander to a drug addict?
                  I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                  Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                  But that day you know I left my money
                  And I thought of you only
                  All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Because they are human too! You expect curtsy and there for you should give it.
                    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by Briton View Post
                      Good manners...

Remind me why I should pander to a drug addict?
                      Wait. Did I miss something? E cig smokers are now drug addicts?

Jump the dramatic shark much?

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                        Wait. Did I miss something? E cig smokers are now drug addicts?
                        Jump the dramatic shark much?
                        Most e-cig smokers will have an addiction to nicotine, so yes, technically they are drug addicts.
                        Once a man, like the sea I raged;
                        Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
                        And there is in fact more earth than sea.
                        Genesis lyric

Comment

That would be a great if it was more like looking at an an ugly t-shirt that someone is wearing and less like having to drink water that someone else spit in.
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Porpoise View Post
                            Most e-cig smokers will have an addiction to nicotine, so yes, technically they are drug addicts.
                            Well, to be fair, so are those types that can't go a day without their cup of coffee. Everything in moderation.

Comment

A friend who's been trying to quit smoking started using them, and I thought there'd be no real issue being near it - but it made me cough a lot. I didn't find a residual odor and later breathing problems like when I'm around real smoke, but something was going on. So I keep away from them, too. I think most smokers simply don't know the strength and persistence of residue. I ran into a friend I hadn't seen for a while, at a movie theater, at the end of the movie. She hadn't smoked for at least 2 hours. One quick hug - and when I got home I had to wash my clothes, & take a full shower. I didn't even realize what it was at first. The e-cigs don't seem to cling like that but I wouldn't take any chance with it. I wish there was a way for people to enjoy their habit without forcing it on others.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Herbert View Post
                                Well, to be fair, so are those types that can't go a day without their cup of coffee. Everything in moderation.
                                Lol, I liked this one.
                                "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Working...
                                X