Dating People With Different Beliefs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dating People With Different Beliefs

Have anyone ever dated people with different beliefs before? (Which also includes non-beliefs as well.)

Re: Dating People With Different Beliefs

Probably everyone on this forum.

Mostly art.

Comment

Agrees, I have never been in a relationship with another pagan.
      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

The closest I've come to dating someone with similar beliefs was with people raised in the same faith as me. At least there was a common background.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Yup. Religion was never the problem. The person was.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

For me religion wasn't the problem, I've dated two who have explicitly in nothing (my wife being s third but this wasn't clear until after we got married). One was cool with allowing me my own belief, the other was pretty cruel and manipulative. I never tried to persuade either to go to church with me at the time. Definitely the person makes it the problem.
            I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
            Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
            But that day you know I left my money
            And I thought of you only
            All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Of course...there aren't many attractive Pagan guys in amy given physical location that aren't gay, taken, or assholes (either in general or about their beliefs ).
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                Have anyone ever dated people with different beliefs before? (Which also includes non-beliefs as well.)
                Yes, quite a lot. Sometimes it seemed like a problem, sometimes it didn't.
                Once a man, like the sea I raged;
                Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
                And there is in fact more earth than sea.
                Genesis lyric

Comment

I have been in three long term relationships and two of those were with non-pagan women. The first was my first wife (13 years) and although at time she supported my faith she was more into her narcotics than any life function. She is still an addict today although no longer my wife. The second was a woman ten years my junior and my path scared her (that lasted 10 years) It was not a monogamous relationship but it was a very good one. The third is with my wife of twelve years and she shares my path. She brings a little chaos with her but we love deeply and trust explicitly. We are in a monogamous relationship.

It was never the religion that ended the relationship it was the person and who they were that was a problem. The woman in my second relationship and I still get along and she and my wife are best friends.
                  The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                  I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I personally don't want to be in a relationship with a person who doesn't have their own defined strong beliefs. I like someone who know something about themselves and has an idea of how they view their world. I like fundamentalist. Yeah. I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      I personally don't want to be in a relationship with a person who doesn't have their own defined strong beliefs. I like someone who know something about themselves and has an idea of how they view their world. I like fundamentalist. Yeah. I do.
                      So agnostics are just wishy washy flakers? :P
                      I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                      Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                      But that day you know I left my money
                      And I thought of you only
                      All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Originally posted by Briton View Post
                        I like people who say "Oi dunno", it's more honest than just making stuff up.
                        Once a man, like the sea I raged;
                        Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
                        And there is in fact more earth than sea.
                        Genesis lyric

Comment

Originally posted by Briton View Post
                          I'm fine with agnostics. I'm just not going to want to date a person who doesn't have a leg to stand on either way. I't's not about them as much as me. If you haven't noticed I'm a tough cookie to deal with.

Comment

I have always held certain beliefs with my significant others, but them being individuals is why I fell in love with them. I don't care much about the spiritual path connection as long as we can have a common ground in that we love and like each other as romantic partners and best friends. Without trying to sound too 'New Agey' what is more powerful in spirit and human terms than love and acceptance? Telekinesis, I guess, but that really doesn't define how the 'butterfly's in my stomach' make me want to cuddle, talk to, and become a part of my lover.

Comment

My problem in relationships has never been religion but my lifestyle. I am always on the move. I am on the trail six months a year. In between I am jumping from place to place. It would be nice to share that with someone but it's hard to find. I haven't had a problem finding short term things, even while hiking. But, it's just something that isn't conducive to a long term relationship. Though, I have found myself quite content single and I will probably stay that way for a long time. Also, I am pretty chaotic and it's hard to put up with me so there is a lot more going against my relationship status than something as trivial as spiritual belief.

Comment

Working...
                              X