We have chickens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have chickens

Got the boy six for Yule/Christmas. Cutest little things. We can't have roosters so we will have to wait and see.

Re: We have chickens

Outside chickens I hope. Just we once had a chick for Easter,and tried to raise it indoors...Bad idea(When I was a kid in an apartment)
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

There's nothing better than eggs straight from the chicken's butt.
      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Chicks are adorable.
        "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Yes outside, lol. We have a small yard. Right now they are in the basement till they don't need the heat lamp.

Comment

Originally posted by Ula
            Since this is so off topic now maybe the mods could lock it?
            I know you requested it locked but I like the talk about chickens so I'm giving this thread one more shot. I've removed the off topic posts.

Moving forward, keep this on topic, people! Or start your own thread.
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

For those pressed for space, there are always bantams

i have a few different types of bantams. can some of you post pictures of bantam chickens on here? i would like to see different varieties of them. here are a few of mine suppose to be spangled japanese bantams. im not sure blue wheaton old english game bantams silver sebright bantams

And silkies are pretty adorable, too.

I wish I could keep some, but the other inhabitants of my apartment block would probably prefer to keep the back lawn.

Comment

My Dad has chickens that are my "nephews". Everyday come rain or shine if my nephew is at Papa's house he goes and feeds his chickens and collects their eggs. We are never on short supply of eggs. I love fresh eggs. I can't say I personally want a chicken coup but I have no problem buying fresh eggs from someone. My Dad takes a large amount of them to a low income senior citizen housing development once a week and sells a dozen eggs for a dollar to anyone who wants them. He then puts the money in a saving account for my nephew.
                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                  My Dad has chickens that are my "nephews". Everyday come rain or shine if my nephew is at Papa's house he goes and feeds his chickens and collects their eggs. We are never on short supply of eggs. I love fresh eggs. I can't say I personally want a chicken coup but I have no problem buying fresh eggs from someone. My Dad takes a large amount of them to a low income senior citizen housing development once a week and sells a dozen eggs for a dollar to anyone who wants them. He then puts the money in a saving account for my nephew.
                  That is sweet. We have all kinds of places around her would like free or cheap eggs. I will keep that in mind.

Comment

It's probably a ways off for me, but one day, I'd like to have chickens. Just like...four of them. Or maybe six.

Mostly art.

Comment

I had chickens as a kid and really miss having them. Then I ended up rescuing two ducklings... so now we have fresh duck eggs and two of the sweetest, most loving ducks you can imagine.

I don't think we'll do ducks AND chooks until we have a larger property, but I would recommend backyard chooks to anyone. Except if you need to keep your lawn pristine. Ducks don't ruin the lawn badly though, unless you have them on the same patch 24/7.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                        I had chickens as a kid and really miss having them. Then I ended up rescuing two ducklings... so now we have fresh duck eggs and two of the sweetest, most loving ducks you can imagine.

I don't think we'll do ducks AND chooks until we have a larger property, but I would recommend backyard chooks to anyone. Except if you need to keep your lawn pristine. Ducks don't ruin the lawn badly though, unless you have them on the same patch 24/7.
                        We live two streets over from the river and had considered ducks but with all the animals on the Island we were afraid they would get killed. The chicks we can put in the coop at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
                          We live two streets over from the river and had considered ducks but with all the animals on the Island we were afraid they would get killed. The chicks we can put in the coop at night.
                          We used to coop our ducks, and we cooped geese & peafowl as well. We have to here - to many carnivorous critters.
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                            We used to coop our ducks, and we cooped geese & peafowl as well. We have to here - to many carnivorous critters.
                            Would ducks and chickens get along in the same coop?

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
                              Would ducks and chickens get along in the same coop?
                              Yes, no problem.

But don't mix geese with smaller birds (you can have one, to act as "mother") because they tend to trample smaller birds with their big flappy feet.

P.S. I prefer duck eggs to chicken eggs
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X