Sigil Magick, or Christmas Spirit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigil Magick, or Christmas Spirit?

I've owned a guitar since I was 15 years old, but have always had this annoying habit of losing my motivation to play and would set it down for months or years, thus I've only ever been mediocre. Over the last couple of years I've been playing more and would improve, but still would lose the spark. I'd want to play, just couldn't bring myself to pick the thing up.

My birthday was last month and the only thing I asked for was an electric guitar to go with my acoustic. I have a nice amplifier, after all. There was no way we could swing it though after some unexpected bills hit us. I told my wife don't sweat it... I'd rather the kids have their cars on the road and a good Christmas, and I haven't felt much like playing anyway.

So the other day I was working up some sigils and made one to try to at least get my playing spark back. Dispatched it and forgot about it.

We had our gift exchange this morning per the usual, minus my elder daughter who was on the road to Florida with her boyfriend - a great young man and the only person male or female I feel I can trust her with LOL. Anyway, my wife's phone rang and I immediately caught a whiff of my daughter's perfume, so I knew it was her. My wife walked over and handed me the phone and left the room.

Michelle's boyfriend owned my dream guitar - a Les Paul copy in Tobacco Sunburst color. He would come over and we'd jam together every now and then. He left yesterday morning to go live with his mother in FL and start college. Anyway, When my wife came back in the room she was carrying his guitar. He had left it for me... and I was stunned. I protested, but he insisted.

Needless to say, my spark is back and I've been playing more today than I have in months.

I hope everyone here is having a happy holiday season.

Re: Sigil Magick, or Christmas Spirit?

It was your intent... call it what you want. I believe in magik!
    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I would say it worked.

Comment

I would agree.
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

This is the first tangible success I've had with sigils. My others have been somewhat nebulous... protection spells appear to be working too, but it's harder to point to those as evidence when nothing has happened. But I'm getting a lot out of sigils and knot magic these days. Love 'em both.

Comment

Working...
          X