Peace Or War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peace Or War

In my opinion. I don't think there's ever going to be world peace. It's always going to be war. If you know your history very well there's world war 1 and 2. There's the civil war. There the battke of waterloo. There's always going to be war no matter what. What do you think. Do you prefer war or peace. http://www.warhistoryonline.com/category/war-articles

Re: Peace Or War

I'm sure almost everyone prefers peace. War is always going to happen somewhere in the world until we can somehow figure out a way to live in peace with which each other. Which may never happen.
    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

The problem I have with wanting world peace is not knowing the cost of having it.

This thought was inspired by having watched "At Childhood's End."
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

There will one day be world peace, yes. Unfortunately, will be extinct at that time.

Comment

As long as some can make money supplying war,it will continue.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

"War is merely the continuation of policy/politics by other means."

It'll stop when those means obviously* stop being useful or the policies/politics in play don't need it.

* People tend to be a bit dense on certain things and very good at denial.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I don't know if we will ever have true peace. We have had so many sacrifices in the past by good people and we will still have sacrifices in the future. People will fight for what they believe in. They start wars and battles for what they believe in. So I don't know if we will ever have peace.
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

As long as the natural variation in human beings remains "natural" (in this case, "natural" means "not explicitly controlled by organized humans"), there will be war.

If you want peace, breed people onto sheepliness.

Then you only have to worry about the wolves.

And the shepards, who so love the sheep that they fleece them, and make chops.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Plants and animals have been fighting "wars" since life began. As Humans we have carried on that tradition since before there was politics or religion. War is the driving force of evolution and always has been. Is it desirable? No, but it is likely necessary. What would the world population be without the wars we have fought? How would all those people be fed? Where would we get the water for all those people? We, like the rest of nature, will always be at war for resources and we, as thinking animals, will say it is for political or moral reasons but it is as naturally instinctive to us as it is to the rest of nature. A world at peace is stagnant and dying. It is sad but it seems very true when you look back to the beginning.
                  The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                  I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I don't know if you can fairly compare competition and natural selection with war. Animals engage in natural selection by fighting and the one most fit into its habitat will win. People who start wars are by no means letting nature lead them.
                    I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                    Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                    But that day you know I left my money
                    And I thought of you only
                    All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Always remember chimps are also capable of Murder,and attacking other groups of chimps.....perhaps it is in our genes.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

What is "nature"?
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
                          There will one day be world peace, yes. Unfortunately, will be extinct at that time.
                          And that's exactly why we will have world peace!

I think world piece is possible. David Wilcox had an interesting point about utilizing the meditation effect in war torn countries (gaia.com), based on the studies first made by studying Transcendental Mediation (http://jcr.sagepub.com/content/32/4/776.short), group meditation drops crime rates by up to 40% (in the long run http://istpp.org/crime_prevention/).

I think we spend too much time on what we can't do, what the media tells us is wrong with the world, and our fixated belief that we are not powerful enough to end war and create peace is what keeps us thinking world peace is impossible. It seems impossible, but maybe, just maybe, if there really is a 'collective consciousness' that we can tap into through meditation, healing magic, and positive and compassionate words and actions the world can know peace. Maybe not, but I choose to be an optimist and experiment with the seemingly impossible dynamics of consciousness.

Comment

Join hands, brothers and sisters!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	353221

Feel the Power of the Flower!

Comment

You hippy,dippy do do...Everybody must be cloned.....

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                              X