Some Foods Are So Unhealthy These Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Foods Are So Unhealthy These Days

Back at my day treatment program, I learn that eating at McDonalds is very healthy. Is because of the greasy foods such as hamburgers and cheeseburger. Also the Big Mac is very unhealthy. Not only that eating french fries is so unhealthy. It's can lead to obesity and diabetes. It's also to leads to other serious health problems. What's your opinion on this topic.

Re: Some Foods Are So Unhealthy These Days

all things in moderation....
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm the wrong one to ask. I had bacon for breakfast.

Aside from that I agree with Anunitu - all things in moderation, including moderation.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Water can be unhealthy if you drink too much. As Anunitu said, all things in moderation. Fast foods just are what they are. Packaged foods and commercially canned foods are not much better. Even the commercially packaged raw goods, like flour, beans, and rice are poor seconds to fresh grown raw products. I buy wheat and grind my own flour and I make most of my own bread products, and can the produce from my garden but I still buy some things that will store well so I can have a supply of food in an emergency. My water comes from a well and most of my staples come from the local farms but I buy imported, out of season fruits and vegetables too. I also hunt for meat and freeze and can it so I can stay healthy without the need to shop weekly.
        Some foods are good for the mind and emotions even though they are not necessarily good for the body. Used in the proper amounts none of it it bad for you.
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I'm not a nutritionist but I've done a bit of looking into different foods this last year. A quick answer is that most (if not all) processed foods are awfully unhealthy for people. With all the GMO foods out there, we're getting engineered products. Engineered for mass production, not engineered to be healthy, mind you.

Once I switched to eating organic fruits and veggies, and buying free range + grass fed meat, free range eggs... My health improved dramatically. It makes purchasing foods slightly more expensive unless you participate in food co-op's and /or work with local organic farmers. We have a lot of those around here.
          The point here is that buying good and healthy foods isn't necessarily more expensive if you look around. You won't be able to get everything conveniently at one place like many of us are accustomed to (Walmart, Fred Meyer, Meijer's, Costco, Sam's Club, Kroger, Aldi, Safeway, the list goes on and on and on), but you can totally make it work with some effort. Hubby and I aren't spending any more now than we did when we bought mass produced foods, this time last year.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
            I'm not a nutritionist but I've done a bit of looking into different foods this last year. A quick answer is that most (if not all) processed foods are awfully unhealthy for people. With all the GMO foods out there, we're getting engineered products. Engineered for mass production, not engineered to be healthy, mind you.

Once I switched to eating organic fruits and veggies, and buying free range + grass fed meat, free range eggs... My health improved dramatically. It makes purchasing foods slightly more expensive unless you participate in food co-op's and /or work with local organic farmers. We have a lot of those around here.
            The point here is that buying good and healthy foods isn't necessarily more expensive if you look around. You won't be able to get everything conveniently at one place like many of us are accustomed to (Walmart, Fred Meyer, Meijer's, Costco, Sam's Club, Kroger, Aldi, Safeway, the list goes on and on and on), but you can totally make it work with some effort. Hubby and I aren't spending any more now than we did when we bought mass produced foods, this time last year.
            That's true Juniper. Eating GMO foods isn't a way to go.

Comment

I like bad foods I cannot lie.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

One of the big problems with our society is that we are taught to eat more for less and to always be on the go. Fast food is inherently bad when compared to home cooked not out of the box meals. The other problem we have is that good for you foods, which are very tasty, are so damned expensive that the average consumer won't buy it. I was very over weight for my height and when I started on my path to lose weight I HAD to buy better foods. I also had to learn moderation because even good foods can be detrimental if over eaten. Moderation is one key to being healthier. I had to look at how I quit drinking and apply that to my eating habits. Side note-I was reading about chakras and how certain foods can heal closed are weak chakras. I also use certain nutrition stuff in the substance treatment group I run as a way of increasing mental as well as physical health.

Comment

I like lots of food. I like foods that are good for me and foods that are bad for me. I like fast food and I like organic vegetables, grass fed animals, and free range eggs. Agrees with all things in moderation. I lost 40 pounds by restricting my fast food and soda consumption to once a week. I've gotten out of that habit but will be starting that again soon. Oh which leads me to.....
                  "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I agree with anunitu here. However, I also think that we need to purchase organic foods when we can't grow our own food. It is also important to look at the labels of foods that we buy. The companies put different things in food products that shouldn't be there. Eating fast food isn't going to kill you every once in a while. But eating it every day will. I used to work at Burger King as assistant manager and would eat a salad if I ate there. I also ate the original chicken sandwich every once in a while. So it just depends. The fast food business is trying to get healthier. It's our responsibility to watch what we eat though.
                    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post

Same. I joined a co-op in the fall and it was the best thing I've done in a while. Not only does it support local farmers and have a much lower carbon footprint (everything is local, seasonal and organic), but also I get a ton of healthy fruits and veggies in my diet. I'm usually sick all fall and winter, and I've only been sick twice since September this year. Plus, the co-op lets me eat local, healthy foods on a tight budget. I spend slightly more than when I shopped exclusively at Aldi and Lidl, but not a lot more, and I don't waste much food now.

Comment

People need to realize that there is no such thing as a BAD food. Food is an inanimate object, that cannot be good or bad, just neutral. How we use food can be healthy or unhealthy. Last week i have also prepared an essay about unhealthy food with the help of online essay writing service reviews. Never have unhealthy food available in your home. Always have fruit, eggs, vegetables etc. available.
                        French fries are a food that is thought to be bad, but if you eat a small french fry once a week as an indulgence in an otherwise balanced diet, it is not going to negatively effect your health. If you eat a supersize fry twice a week, it could lead to unhealthiness, mainly because it suggests that in general, one does not eat healthily.

Comment

One real issue is we(modern human) have been taught that we must consume FAST to keep up with out fast paced society. We eat "Fast" food,and do not have time to sit and enjoy eating. This also effects social interactions(Family used to all sit down to eat,and discuss the happening's of each others day),now we rush everywhere.
                          For myself,food is something apart from the rush of society,a release from the stress,and a place to relax and enjoy.

As always,your mileage may vary.
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Everything in moderation--except veggies and books.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X