Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PF Book Club January Book

Alright guys lets pick our first book for our PF Book Club

1. Angles Blood by Nalini Sinigh http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3819326-angels-blood

2. Gutenberg's Apprentice by Alix Christie http://www.justthebookstore.com/book/9780062336019
    Angles Blood
    0%
    Gutenberg's Apprentice
    0%

The poll is expired.

"If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Re: PF Book Club January Book

I picked the second one. Because I found it on audio form. And because I'm not 13 year old girl.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I voted for Gutenberg's Apprentice as well.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I pick the first one because I recommended it. Also because the book isn't for thirteen year old girls. Nor am I one.
        "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

It's just my opinion and tastes in books. Plus I like the idea of a historical novel more then vamp romance. I mean if they could all be zombie themed I'd be in heaven. I don't like fantasy/romance. That's code for girl books of vamps falling in love. Plus it's a series. I think standalone books are better for a club. Gives us a chance to dabble in different genres. I realize I just want to expand my reading collection. But I smell a sparkle vamp in there somewhere and I'd have to get a steak through my heart to deal with it. Mind it a magical sparkly stake. But you get my gist.

Comment

Right. It's an adult book. It isn't a vampire romance. "Angel's Blood." It has vampires in it, but it doesn't really center around them completely. It's about Archangel's. Whether we have different tastes in genres or not I'm sure you could have said that a different way. That is, if you wanted to. Nothing about it screams "13 year old girl." I like historical novels too but sometimes it's better to branch off every once in awhile.
            "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by EndlessCravings View Post
              Right. It's an adult book. It isn't a vampire romance. "Angel's Blood." It has vampires in it, but it doesn't really center around them completely. It's about Archangel's. Whether we have different tastes in genres or not I'm sure you could have said that a different way. That is, if you wanted to. Nothing about it screams "13 year old girl." I like historical novels too but sometimes it's better to branch off every once in awhile.
              I just went by the reviews K linked in goodreads.
              And I stated my opinion the way I always state my opinion. I picked just the exact words I wanted. I'm not disrespecting you or your choice. I'm just voicing that I am choosing the other one.

Also my collection of reading material is quite varied. I can just do without this style. That's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                I just went by the reviews K linked in goodreads.
                And I stated my opinion the way I always state my opinion. I picked just the exact words I wanted. I'm not disrespecting you or your choice. I'm just voicing that I am choosing the other one.

Also my collection of reading material is quite varied. I can just do without this style. That's all.
                Okay, Medusa 👌🏽

Comment

Voted angel's blood, the library can get that one for me, can't get the other one.
                  You remind me of the babe
                  What babe?
                  The babe with the power
                  What power?
                  The Power of voodoo
                  Who do?
                  You do!
                  Do what?
                  Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Working...