No announcement yet.

Medusa's QDJ(year of the $1 pickle!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's QDJ(year of the $1 pickle!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    If you could capture any event in history on
    videotape, which one event would it be?
    Hm... ok, weird nerdy me thinks that an original Shakespeare play would be just about the best thing ever. Maybe a midsummer nights dream.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      There are videos of atomic blasts,BUT still it comes up at times if we should "Make the sand glow"..I think that is a republican favorite.
      I would like to see it really up close. I would also like for everyone to see the aftermath. So many people were affected. But thanks for letting me know Anunitu.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Tell that up close thing to the troops who were in fox holes when they did testing...lot of them got cancer from exposure.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the reason it has never been used in war after WW2..There was a mini version known as the Davy Crockett,a battle field low yield nuke.

Abandoned because it would send radiation back on our own troops.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

If you could capture any event in history on
          videotape, which one event would it be?
          Two big dinosaurs fighting during an volcano, and falling into a chasm filled with lava.

I've seen this in so many movies it must have been fairly common...
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Common in very nearly every b movie with monsters played by close ups of alligator lizards with fins glued on their backs.

Found this,and remember it is from 1925...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Growing up, what was your favorite fairy tale or children’s story? Why?
                I had a few. I still have a couple of my favorite Little Golden Books - I loved "A Present for the Princess" - it's about a blind boy who grows a strawberry to give the princess. They describe how the rain & sun help the berry grow, and I love the illustrations. A full length book I loved is "Moominland Midwinter" - about these odd characters who roam around a boat house in wintertime, because I could really "see" their world in my mind. And of course all the Narnia stuff because that IS my mind.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

warning: sad sob story up ahead.

So I too was in love with those Golden Book books. Specifically Snow White and Cinderella. Snow white's Dopey was my lil buddy! I remember going to visit my mother in the half way house (she was recovering from the shock treatment in the state run mental ward in Norwalk). I remember her giving me a 'blanket' of Dopey. I slept with it when I was over her place. I loved that blanket. I would take it to the table for dinner. And when I was there the house guests would get Burger King as a celebratory dinner. And each plate would have a little cup full of their pills to take. I was pretty much in a crazy half way home for really crazy but kind people trying to learn to be normal again.

I had no idea they were different. Just fun people.

I had no idea we were poor. And my Dopey blanket was just a beach towel.

good times. Seriously fun times!

Comment

Erm...pretty sure this will shock no one...but..

My grandfather had a "retirement job" as the daytime janitor at an elementary school. He was probably the favorite employee there. Seriously, I've had kids come up to me and tell me he was their favorite person at that school as grown-ups...they remember him before their teachers. He always had candy in his pocket (regular AND sugar-free for any kids with diabetes, and everything kosher...if there had been a Muslim family, I'd bet he'd have had halal candies too). Teachers would send for him just as often when they had a kid that needed math or reading practice (he'd come to classroom and the kids would read to him) as when something was broken, and kids would come and see him when their family didn't have money for lunch or gloves (and they'd magically have money in their lunch account and a pair of gloves in their desk). And every summer, when the school librarian cleaned out the old books to make room for the new ones, she'd send them home with him. Most of them went to the local women's shelter, but he'd pick a few that he'd figure I would like (as his only granddaughter at the time), and give them to me.

Anyhow, all of that was to say this: my favorite book as a child, starting the summer before 2nd grade, was a battered, yellowing paperback given to me by my grandfather called Shark Lady by Ann McGovern. It was the biography of Dr. Eugenia Clark, one of the first female ichthyologists, scuba divers, and expert on poisonous fishes and shark intelligence. Also, founder of the Mote Marine Lab and Aquarium. Pretty much my personal hero for my entire childhood.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Funny sometimes where we find our vision for when we grow up and become adults. Not a book,but a TV program that had a robot. That got me interested in science big time because I wanted to make a real robot that talked like a human and could be your friend. Went all robin Williams in Bicentennial man there...love that movie BTW,also love the movie "A.I."(same reason)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

As a tiny child, mom took me to see the Disney 'toon The Sword and the Stone at the movie theater. I think it may have been the first time I saw a movie in a theater (not sure...), but I ended up obsessed with King Arthur for the next 20 years.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

"What was I scared of?" by Dr. Seuss. It's about a guy who keeps running into a sentient pair of pants every night. He's terrified of the pants at first, only to discover that the pants are terrified of him as well. The main character and the pants then become friends. The story is so silly and surreal, and it just delighted me as a child
                          "Well I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer,
                          The future's uncertain and the end is always near"

Comment

Probably one of my favorites was Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel. Still have the book and read it once in a while.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Every Curious George book ever....and the man in the yellow hat!

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

If you were a snack food, what kind would you be?

Comment

Working...
                                X