No announcement yet.

Medusa's QDJ(year of the $1 pickle!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's QDJ(year of the $1 pickle!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    Olympics? Your thoughts
    I have really enjoyed watching this time. Phelps, Bolt, the USA gymnastics team, etc. I kinda thought Ryan Lochte was cute but apparently he's a dumbass. There's one in every crowd who has to cast a bad light on things.

I don't think the whole deal can go on indefinitely the way it has been. They build these huge complexes, have tons of problems, and the host countries are booked so far in advance you don't know if there's gonna be a war or whatever before the opening of the games. They need to scale it down and maybe pick a few host cities to have permanent structures or something. The next winter ones are in S. Korea - so what happens if the northern guy goes nuts during construction?
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Olympics? Your thoughts
      It depends. There are parts about it I love and parts about it I hate...and that's without the sports.

If we are just talking about those, then YAY! Gymnastics, diving, synchronized swimming, and beach volleyball!! Or, in winter, figure skating and ice dancing. Ski jumping is pretty cool too.
      Last edited by thalassa; 18 Aug 2016, 14:18.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Olympics? Your thoughts
        Not my thing. I'm just not the sporty type. Well, outside of Robot Wars. I get why people like it though, and if watching gives them pleasure then more power to them for sure. I'm not about to get all party-pooper about it.

Mind you, I am seething about the Paraolympics decision to ban Russian athletes from competing. Absolutely disgraceful. Fair enough if they'd also banned all Russian athletes from the main Olympics, but they didn't. It's not fair to penalise their disabled athletes.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Olympics? Your thoughts
          ahh dic ted
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Olympics? Your thoughts
            I don't have any TV right now, so I'm not watching it. I generally catch events here and there, but I haven't been super into it since I was a kid.
            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
              Not my thing. I'm just not the sporty type. Well, outside of Robot Wars. I get why people like it though, and if watching gives them pleasure then more power to them for sure. I'm not about to get all party-pooper about it.

Mind you, I am seething about the Paraolympics decision to ban Russian athletes from competing. Absolutely disgraceful. Fair enough if they'd also banned all Russian athletes from the main Olympics, but they didn't. It's not fair to penalise their disabled athletes.
              They are separate organizations and the IOC chickened out while the IPC didn't. From what I understand, the Russian paralympic teams also participated in doping (not necessarily all members, but enough---plus the lab was dirty).
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

What are you highly sensitive about?

Comment

Common household dust
                  I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
                  Tribe of my Tribe
                  Clan of my Clan
                  Kin of my Kin
                  Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                  And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

9/11. Hard to believe it'll be 15 years in a couple of weeks.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

willful ignorance and pet dander
                      sigpic

Comment

Uggh. Perfumes and smoke. I have ridiculously sensitive skin, migraines, and maybe asthma. I feel obnoxious complaining or, more commonly, dodging people. Trying to discreetly cover my nose and hold my breath until I can get away. I used to make my daughter shower when she came home from her best friend's house because they were perfume crazy and it would cling to her. Also, it is so random. I can't always tell what will set it off. But a migraine is 3 days of misery. And streaming eyes and nose with painful breathing is pretty miserable also. Not to mention rashes if I use the wrong detergent or lotion. Makes it hard not to be a hermit.

Comment

Really strong scents, like candles and perfume. It affects me when I have a really bad headache or migraine.
                          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

The smell of ripe (and aging) bananas, and processed cinnamon make me want to throw up on the spot.

Other sensitivities include but are not limited to: idiots, sirens (occupational hazard), reggae, rubber-neckers, stupid question (seriously, these DO exist... I don't care what people say), the color yellow (except lemons and Bumblebee - the animal and the transformer. They are cool in my book). Just to name a few.
                            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                            Sneak Attack
                            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

The Medi chopper that flies over my building(I know it is a necessary thing) but it shakes me because it is so LOUD,and I imagine it could hit the building(it comes to close for my nerves)
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

What are you rude about?

Comment

Working...
                                X