No announcement yet.

Medusa's QDJ(year of the $1 pickle!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's QDJ(year of the $1 pickle!)

What are your thoughts on 'unconditional forgiveness'?
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      I'm in-between. Sure, you need to completely forgive to heal your scars and wounds and what not. Makes sense. It's easier said than done.
      "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

To quote my maths teacher: God is merciful, I am not.

Comment

Holding onto resentment means I have to give a sh*t and I'm not a big fan of giving a sh*t about people that treat me badly. Also, forgiving someone who doesn't deserve it puts me in a position of power and I enjoy that. Still, just because I choose to forgive someone, it doesn't mean I'll trust them in future. I think some people forget that forgiveness and trust are not the same thing.
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Nope. Some things you don't have to forgive. That doesn't mean you have to hang on to it and let it tear you apart every day of your life. I forgove what I can, but I don't forgive what I don't want to... maybe some day. But for example, not completely forgiving my mother is part of what helps me feelfine about notseeing her, and I need that.
            You remind me of the babe
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

What value does it have?

I believe in "letting go" of anger. You don't have to forgive to do that.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                Holding onto resentment means I have to give a sh*t and I'm not a big fan of giving a sh*t about people that treat me badly. Also, forgiving someone who doesn't deserve it puts me in a position of power and I enjoy that. Still, just because I choose to forgive someone, it doesn't mean I'll trust them in future. I think some people forget that forgiveness and trust are not the same thing.
                ^this

I think people have a very flawed idea of what forgiveness is. It doesn't mean its all hunkey-dorey now, it means that you are letting go of *whatever event/person/etc.'s* hold on your life and your happiness.

It does NOT mean forgetting, starting over, blank slating, trusting, etc.

It just means that you have chosen to move yourself past the moment of betrayal. Not forgiving keeps you stuck and under that person's power. Not forving means you are still a victim of that person or that event.

...I'm not sure what value adding the word "unconditional" has to it, if forgiving isn't about "fixing" things. All forgiving is "unconditional"...if it has conditions, its not "forgiving" its negotiating a price for cooperation and relations. That's no tforgiveness, though it can necessary to rebuild trust or a relationship.
                Last edited by thalassa; 02 Jul 2016, 06:41.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

I like the idea but in practice it's something I'm not very good at.
                  Last edited by Näre; 02 Jul 2016, 13:22.
                  baah.

Comment

I think it can be very hard at times to forgive unconditionally. It's a nice thought, but sometimes you can be deeply hurt by people. You should try to forgive, but it can be a very difficult process.
                    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Works for me on one condition (LOL) I walk away & cut all ties. So, yes, there's forgiveness, but no continuance. The level of prior relationship has no bearing on this whatsoever.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Ain't gonna happen. All parties involved may as well get on with their respective lives.
                        I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
                        Tribe of my Tribe
                        Clan of my Clan
                        Kin of my Kin
                        Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                        And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

I don't think I am strong enough for unconditional forgiveness, even in myself. I might be able to forgive but I wont forget and some things like others have said aren't meant to be forgiven,
                          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

For some unknown reason I am totally on board with this whilst intoxicated. While sober, I think it's a pipe dream.

Comment

If one accepts that forgiveness is an act and not an emotion then forgiveness is always unconditional.
                              Forgiving is something I find easier to do for other than myself. I can do it but it is hard. I can easily forgive others for their actions but if their actions cause a reaction from me, then I must forgive them in order to forgive myself.

Just because I forgive a transgression doesn't mean I forget it. Trust comes with time and trial.(as it should)
                              The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                              I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

How was your 4th?
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X